SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you still flex in the bathroom mirror?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you still flex in the bathroom mirror? Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted
Remember, this is for posterity so........be honest.

Question:
Do you still suck in your gut and flex?

Choices:
Of course. I am an Adonis
Ummmm....yes.
No, I avoid mirrors.
I am a Leftist. I don't have a reflection

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Mirrors, avoid me.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’ve gotten close to 140 lbs again so I guess the answer is no.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Just .. .. no. This assumes that it's not the faces we make while sitting on throne. Big Grin

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2080 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I'm a stud. So, yes.

Q

Posts: 27628 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
If you mean flex my buttocks, then yes.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30954 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only mirror in my home is about the size of a dinner plate and hung at head level. I'm 6-2. For shaving and combing hair only.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2787 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Yes, but someone seems to have replaced my mirror with one of those carnival funhouse versions.

Michael

Posts: 1145 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
"Still?" Never did in the first place.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Not anymore. In my 20’s when I was working out hard and built, you bet; everyday. Now that I am almost 48 I rarely think about it. Once in a while I have flexed to see how much I am no longer like I was in my 20’s.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8758 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
If you mean flex my buttocks, then yes.

When I read that my first thought was Eddie Murphy. Skip to around the 40 second mark.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4366 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I’ve gotten close to 140 lbs again so I guess the answer is no.

Damn! I weighed 140 when I was in maybe 7th or 8th grade. But, I did drop down to 160 (from 190 in about three weeks) when they admitted me to the Hospital in '85 when I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. At that time, I was referred to as a "stickman". But I'm sort of tall.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At 65 , almost 66 I still do. I am still 5'10" and 205.
But , I lift weights and exercise like the 40 somethings at the gym.
I'll die from something , but being out of shape and frail won't be the reason !

Posts: 387 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
Ummm, only from the front view not the side view anymore Eek

Posts: 1069 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
62 with an active lifestyle, a regular exercise routine and a hot 61 year old wife. Wink

There has to be some benefit to getting brutalized by the 20 year old white belts at jits every week.

Posts: 11293 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of the Hudge
posted Hide Post
Ok I got one. I had been hitting the free weights hard for almost two years and making good gains (oh, and I’m 56). So about six months ago I was flexing in the mirror and heard a grinding pop from my left forearm. It was over, my bicep balled/swoll up and I haven’t been able to lift, till today. Today is my first day back and I’m starting light and working my way back up.
So yes, I did.
Good luck and be careful.

Posts: 799 | Location: Inland Nortwest | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I look in the mirror, I see my old man staring back at me.
That stops the self admiration right quick! Eek

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does twirling My pistol and saying „Are you talkin to me“ count?

Posts: 740 | Location: Germany | Registered: August 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
I did until my wife told me it was a carnival mirror.

Posts: 5347 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
and a hot 61 year old wife. Wink
Is she of Lithuanian descent? Wink

Flex? More like sag Big Grin

But I've been known to snap a yearly "Adonis" pic for my GF mid-summer, when I hit a yearly low weight. Amazingly, there is a remnant of a six-pack with only 20-30 sit-ups 4-5 times a week.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post