SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Saturday/Sunday brunch ideas in Austin?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saturday/Sunday brunch ideas in Austin? Login/Join 
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted
Downtown or close. Thanks for your suggestions!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
One of the best barbecue meals I ever had was at Stiles Switch. Franklin's might be better and is an experience but when I go I take a lawn chair and get in line at 7am to eat lunch. Stiles was a 15 minute wait the day I went.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1892 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My wife & I went to Moonshine Grill on Red River & really liked it.
Bit of a wait, but very good, IMO.

https://moonshinegrill.com/

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Hmm, those sound good, but I am looking for breakfast brunch type of setup.
I know there have to be some good ones, and if it could be not too far off the beaten path.. I’m a guest and I don’t want to put my host out by asking him to drive me way out of town.

ETA: I see the moonshine grill has a brunch! Sorry, saw the name and made a snap judgement.

"Trust, but verify."

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Totally unrelated, but DMV/DC Metro people, you MUST try these guys.

Normandie Farm

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Not too far north is the Monument Cafe in Georgetown. Amazing food, and save room for pie!

Posts: 1986 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the ideas! Keep em coming…

"Trust, but verify."

posted Hide Post
https://hpbng.com/
Hyde Park bar and grill, 1 location central and 1 south.

Posts: 3596 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Classic Austin Diners where you can sort of Brunch 24/7, busy, popular, consistent, not so much on the romantic end of the Brunch spot spectrum but classic places:

Magnolia
Kirby Lane

Other spots of interest:

Snooze
Hillside Farmacy

There are probably a dozen more possibilities, depending on ones desired vibe, price, degree of weird/fancy, etc.

Froofy Eggs Benedict or Migas Tacos or Pancakes or Unlimited Momos? What's your angle? You and the wife or 30yrs or a date with a new one or a dude friend after a night of drinking?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Classic Austin Diners where you can sort of Brunch 24/7, busy, popular, consistent, not so much on the romantic end of the Brunch spot spectrum but classic places:

Magnolia
Kirby Lane

Other spots of interest:

Snooze
Hillside Farmacy

There are probably a dozen more possibilities, depending on ones desired vibe, price, degree of weird/fancy, etc.

Froofy Eggs Benedict or Migas Tacos or Pancakes or Unlimited Momos? What's your angle? You and the wife or 30yrs or a date with a new one or a dude friend after a night of drinking?

I’ll check those out, thanks. I’m leaving my husband and son behind up north, and going to visit my sis and her husband. We like to go out to eat and have a few drinks, nothing crazy. I like local, fancy is fun, love a hip vibe (but most of Austin has been like that, in my limited experience there).

"Trust, but verify."

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Kerby Lane (the one on Kerby Lane) is usually our go to breakfast place, but all the locations usually have a healthy wait.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Kerby Lane (the one on Kerby Lane) is usually our go to breakfast place, but all the locations usually have a healthy wait.

I’ll check them out on open table. Thank you.

"Trust, but verify."