SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Employees at Amazon’s Ring have been spying on customers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Employees at Amazon’s Ring have been spying on customers Login/Join 
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
four cameras outside and zero cameras inside. They can watch the UPS guy deliver my gun parts and ammo till their hearts are content.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Guess I better stop mowing the lawn wearing my short-shorts... don’t need that shit ending up on youtube

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10945 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny-in the 50's and 60's eavesdropping devices being planted in someone's home by the government was a common sci-fi theme. Not one, to my recollection, ever referred to the "victim" actually buying and paying for the devices used to spy on him.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

Just one more link in the privacy invasion chain imo. Each little intrusion gets accepted as “not that big a deal”, and the water boiling the frog gets turned up a tiny bit more.

Privacy no longer exists outside the home- I see no reason to invite it inside any more than is completely necessary. For example: “smart” speakers. I’m shocked at the number of people that do, given the reports of them communicating outside the home automatically. And the number is going up.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/09...28-at-start-of-year/

I will never own one of these things.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15604 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
My UPS man is offended !

Ring devices go on the outside. No functional cams inside my house.

Posts: 17896 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

could this simply be stopped by unplugging the computer cable from the wall ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54667 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Privacy no longer exists outside the home

Soon it will stop inside your brain.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Its really no big deal, with the massive delays in server upload times by the time the Ring employees can see the video, whatever they are looking at is well past happening.

Posts: 23504 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Privacy no longer exists outside the home

Soon it will stop inside your brain.

The sad truth is that some company invented affordable tech to implant communications and internet access devices, people would sign up in droves. The fools would say “If you’re not doing anything wrong, what’s the harm?”.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15604 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post