SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looks like Toyota has gone woke - Robby Starbuck strikes again
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like Toyota has gone woke - Robby Starbuck strikes again Login/Join 
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted

Posts: 3541 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I really cannot understand why these companies feel it’s worth destroying their bottom line to appease a fragment of society that engages in socially destructive behavior. Bud Light is still bleeding money; do they think people don’t care? I fired off a missive voicing my displeasure fwiw. This will mark the end of my even considering their products in the future.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15867 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Some may be true believers, but I think most are cajoled into it from fringe groups like the Human Rights Campaign and the perceived power behind the celebrity entertainment culture(including the "news" networks), along with large investment from groups like Blackrock that wish to push the culture of insanity.

I think they believe their stock values will tank if they don't go along. Starbuck proved that to be false with his Tractor Supply Co. expose'. I hope he has the same effect on Toyota.

Posts: 8924 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Makes staying with Honda even easier.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7166 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
I'll have to check the HRC site and see who they rate the worst.

Posts: 11523 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
And in today's news:

Toyota follows growing trend of companies halting DEI policies and initiatives

quote:
Toyota Motor Corp. is planning to move away from DEI and pro-LGBTQ events after recently facing online controversy, according to a new report.

Bloomberg reported the company sent out a memo to its U.S. employees Thursday saying it will "narrow community activities to align with STEM education and workforce readiness" and no longer participate in the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index.

One week earlier, anti-woke activist and filmmaker Robby Starbuck detailed several woke initiatives within the company, including funding groups that oppose laws to ban gender transition treatments on minors, forming Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) divided by race and gender orientation and sponsoring a drag queen program at a summer camp for kids.

Story continues at this FoxNews link

God bless America.

Posts: 13943 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post