SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Last minute travel deals?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Last minute travel deals? Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone have any tips or places to find last minute travel deals? I’m looking to take my wife and 2 kids somewhere. Most of our recent trips have been to various beaches, Caribbean, and Disney. I’d like to head out to some of the national parks out west. We would be flying out of Philadelphia or Baltimore. Thanks

Posts: 791 | Location: PA | Registered: June 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
When are you planning on going? What do you want to do?

Understand while parks may be reopening now many of the services are not.

I have a Yellowstone/Tetons trip in the early Fall. We have been monitoring things and still plan on going but not sure what will be open.

We have reservations for a lodge inside Yellowstone. They are currently closed. Should be opening when we go but they did send us an email asking if we would like to cancel and said they could make no guarantees even if the hotel is open that the restaurants would be.

With that said there are some good deals on airfare just have to look around. We didn't find any great deals on lodging and just this weekend booked lodging in the Tetons, we had Yellowstone already booked. You may find it different if you're trying to do now.

I've flown into Vegas more than once as a gateway to parks in that area, CA, and Utah. Utah has some amazing national parks. We stated in Airb&n outside Zion and had a great time a few years ago. Although we also were climbing while there.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16404 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m pretty open with travel dates. A long weekend would be perfect. When I did the parks in the past we flew into Salt Lake City and flew out of Vegas. We stayed in Bryce and the Grand Canyon. We rescheduled our Disney trip from last week until the end of October. Guess I’d prefer the Spring/summer for travel due to hunting in the fall.

Posts: 791 | Location: PA | Registered: June 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 4 and 6 year old so sightseeing and some easy trails will probably be the extent of activities.