SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Instant Karma - Simpson Teledata 8455 EDIT: SPOKEN FOR.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Instant Karma - Simpson Teledata 8455 EDIT: SPOKEN FOR. Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted

Telephone line tester/megger. Appears to be new/unused.

Yours for shipping to the first person saying "I'll take it"

No battery. Takes a 45V battery (can be modded to take 5 9V batteries which is cheaper) and no leads. Leads attach via ring terminal to screws above meter movement, so easy to make up.

Given to me, but I have no use for it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PHPaul,

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15267 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll give it a good home.

I dragged one of those all over the county back home in 1978. No one else seemed to understand how it worked. Wink

Posts: 1352 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Fascinating bit of history. I've always been fascinated by what I call "high tech antiques". A far cry from its modern equivalents: CAT6 testers and OTDRs.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3302 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a beauty. I'd love to get another Simpson 269. I think the batteries leaked in the one I had.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13407 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Taken. Thanks for looking.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15267 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Out of curiosity, does it have a practical use for today?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12345 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post