SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Warren Thinks LGBT Couples Should Get a Check to Make up for Lost Marriage Tax Benefits
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warren Thinks LGBT Couples Should Get a Check to Make up for Lost Marriage Tax Benefits Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted
I didn't want to cloud the current thread regarding reparations for blacks, which is very important in and of itself.

Besides, the LGBTQ community needs it's own separate distinction, I'm sure all will agree!

Wonder what other voting blocs the Dem candidates can mine for votes?

From yesterday - https://ijr.com/warren-lgbt-co...e-lost-tax-benefits/

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
That's cool, just let me file like I was single again so I can recoup my now higher taxes after marrying then. I've never met anyone that's taxes were less due to being married. Her proposal doesn't make sense besides being a stupid play for attention.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20827 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Just more pandering to their base as that’s all they’ve got left in their pocket to appeal for voters.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2700 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This proves the point that it is never about x issue. It is about money. It always has been.

X group "how do we get paid"

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
buying votes with other people's wampum. That's all she knows...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29707 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How many more worthless lazy fuckers do I have to give my hard earned money to.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
How many more worthless lazy fuckers do I have to give my hard earned money to.

Bah, never will they give their money. THey are simply giving the possibility of getting money.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I'm going to identify as a lesbian black female in debt college student, I want my reparations, tuition paid and some money for sex...

Posts: 23466 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
What if your gay and black? Double money!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
She certainly has the mindset of giving away OUR money. I'm surprised she hasn't brought up reparations for her Native American relatives.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What about all of the women who weren’t promoted or given raises because of their gender? Shouldn’t they get some justice reparations too? I’m waiting for someone to say it, any day now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigspecops,

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Shush! Not so loud. Eek

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
If I tell them I’ve been gay since 3rd grade, how much money would I get?

Asking for a friend.

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many LGBT couples do not have children and as a consequence are doing much better economically as a result. Smart marketing folks cater to this crowd for the business. As a rule, much more discretionary income.

More pandering for votes. Maybe she will hand out candy like the kids running for Student Council.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Didn't we already do that in the form of Billion$ spent on AIDS research?

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8358 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
That's cool, just let me file like I was single again so I can recoup my now higher taxes after marrying then. I've never met anyone that's taxes were less due to being married. Her proposal doesn't make sense besides being a stupid play for attention.

Exactly. I think they owe us all some of the money they didn't pay for the "marriage penalty" we have all been paying, for years. They also owe the lawyer community for all the divorces they weren't able to have when all those relationships went bad, in the past.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Vague title. I thought Mr. Buffett had finally gone off the deep end.

Posts: 10961 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah please change to given Indian name.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I'm a caffeine-dependent, male lesbian... with actual Native American blood (unlike fauxcahontas).

What size check does that get me?

Posts: 8625 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another delusional, wet dream democrat scheme to get more voters. The democrat party can't win on their merit or policies, so they have to come up with this crap, just like free everything else! You would think that the American public is smarter than to believe this SH*T? On second thought, half the country is gullible, stupid, parasite morons; also know as democrats!
And by the way, if any of you closet democrats are lurking out there, can you help us understand what the democrat party is actually offering America or what their platform is other than open borders, unlimited abortions, benefits for illegals and free stuff for American parasites?

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post