SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ideas for a Guys Trip?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ideas for a Guys Trip? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I like being a hermit

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
Lots of golf weekends in Myrtle Beach and Hilton Head available. I get tons of emails offering deals.

Charleston for a long weekend would quite enjoyable.

If you wait for the weather to get better, Asheville can't be beat for outdoor activities and good beer.

If you need an extra guy, I am in Waxhaw... Smile

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steelcityfishanddive:
Bourbon trial? I'm sure you could find some places to shoot guns along the way.

Time it around the Machinegun shoot at Knob Creek gun range.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
I so feel like saying that I've heard the perfect spot for that sort of thing is Wilmington NC. (That's not necessarily true and I know you recently moved from there. Sorry for the bad joke.)

If you're interested in a cabin outside Ashville send me an email. Folks I shoot with have two rental cabins. I don't know the current policy but they use to let you shoot pistol on the property (never asked about long guns). The cabins are ~20 min out of Ashville.

If you guys are into cars and want to look out to 2020, plan a trip to Phoenix (about this time of year) and hit the Barrett-Jackson and other car shows. There are three or 4 car shows/auctions that week. Don't know the cost of airfare from Charlotte but airfare out of Raleigh is reasonable if you book in advance on SW.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Find a place on a lake and water ski/wake board/wake surf? Wake surfing has become very popular the last few years.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
A NASCAR race can be a lot of fun, and you have several options in your stated time frame.

Posts: 6468 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Go on a long range sportfishing trip along the coast of Baja on a San Diego based boat like the Polaris Supreme. You'll have great accommodations, excellent food (prepared by a chef), have an opportunity to fight gamefish such as tuna, wahoo, yellowtail, mahi, etc... that will kick your freaking ass, and (when you return) all your fish (literally hundreds of pounds) will be cut, vacuum packed, frozen, and shipped to your home if you want it. It will taste great and can be kept for well over a year if you have a freezer big enough and don't want to give most away to friends, family, etc...

These trips are unique to Southern California and while some might seem long (more than a week at sea), the time goes by so fast you'll be amazed. Check it out: http://www.polarissupreme.com/

Here's some pics from a trip I was on last year:
http://www.polarissupreme.com/..._id=517815&year=2018

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a ways away from your neck of the woods but rafting the Middle Fork of the Salmon river is FUN.AS.HELL. Good fishing and plenty of excitement. Central Idaho is beautiful.

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I took my sons to a weekend in Memphis listening to blues, visit to the Gibson factory, BBQ, etc, came back through Sieverville for SMKW. Was a fun trip.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tailhook 84:
Here's a week-long driving tour full of toxic masculinity stuff you can do each day. This would be my perfect trip through The South:

Anniston, AL = CMP Store. Then a 4.5 hour drive to:

Mobile, AL = USS Alabama tour. Then a 3.5 hour drive to:

Pensacola, FL = National Naval Aviation Museum. Then a 5.5 hour drive to:

Warner Robbins, GA = Museum of Aviation. Then a 2.5 hour drive to:

Pooler (Savannah) GA = Mighty Eighth Air Force Museum

Good food and drinking establishments in each location.

Edited to add: Apologies, I missed the part about a weekend vs. a week-long trip. Pick a city and have a blast doing local stuff after the listed activity.

Cool but your missing Talladega Marksmanship Park. One of the finest ranges in the country. And it’s right there near the Anniston CMP depot.

Might as well take in a race while you’re at it.

https://thecmp.org/competition...a-marksmanship-park/

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
If you want to stay close, why not book a fly fishing trip? There are several good places to fish, and guide services are readily available. Here's a good starting website: https://www.flyfishingnc.com/

If you don't fly fish, look for a nearby Orvis store, they give FREE lessons from time to time, no strings attached. You can rent equipment, and catching (and landing) a rainbow is a great feeling.

If fishing isn't your thing, the beach is right there, hard NOT to enjoy beach time with the boys.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post