SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Return of the Burnt Potato Chip!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Return of the Burnt Potato Chip! Login/Join 
Fill your hands
you son of a bitch
posted
Back in the day whenever you would dump a bag of Lay's potato chips in a bowl there would always be a handful of burnt chips. Those burnt ones were usually quickly scarfed up in short order. Then something to do with the sugars in potato's the burnt ones were sort of bred away with. Well now Better Made has come out with a bag of chips called Rainbow Old Fashion Dark that is all burnt chips. They are amazing if you like the burnt chip taste, I've become slightly addicted to them now. I get'em at my local meijer store, plan on stocking up in case they are a limited time offering.

Posts: 459 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Ack! Thpppt!!

Posts: 20154 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Sounds good to me – I like ‘em dark! I’ll look for those – thanks for the heads-up.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9060 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
The Rainbow chips sound kind of like the Cape Cod Russet chips, which are my favorite! I'd love to try the Rainbow.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have not seen those, will start looking

Posts: 656 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Chip-a-holic" here.......must....resist.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Ack! Thpppt!!

LOL! Couldn’t have said better myself.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Sounds like like the "extra toasty" cheez-its that they came out with. Cooked a little bit longer to get that bit of burnt flavor to them.

Posts: 6363 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:
quote:
Ack! Thpppt!!

Channeling Bill the Cat?

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15925 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Ack! Thpppt!!

Ditto, you can have 'em.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4133 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
quote:
quote:
Ack! Thpppt!!

Ditto, you can have 'em.

Those weren't burnt, they were the rotten parts. Disgusting

Posts: 5366 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ack! Thpppt!!
Agent Timothy McGee on NCIS once related to Abby that he'd had a job once as a burnt chip remover at a potato chip factory. I don't like the burnt chips, myself. I suspect that optically-driven air jets do the removal now.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
The OP might want to look out for the Utz "Russet Special Dark" recipe. These are occasionally to be found in my local Safeway's chip aisle, and have that special over-roasted goodness he seems to crave.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: architect,

Posts: 6536 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I always remember Wise chips having a more burned taste than Lays.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38771 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
quote:
Ack! Thpppt!!

Channeling Bill the Cat?

Winner!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
The Starbucks of potato chips!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
I always remember Wise chips having a more burned taste than Lays.

Absolutely. And you had to be careful, because they went rancid kinda fast.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
They actually have on the potato chip line a sensor that detects burnt chips. The chips all fly by on a conveyor and then jump over a gap. The sensor detects a dark chip and a jet of air shoots it down the gap while the others fly on by. That's how one chip maker used to keep the bags burn free

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10733 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post