SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Recommend a watch brand
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommend a watch brand Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Perhaps it's right under my nose, but I can't seem to determine who online authorized Seiko dealers are.

I can't address the online thing for you, konata, but I'd gladly share info for my [relatively] local authorized dealer if you'd like. Stickman can vouch: she (her store) takes good care of us.

Big Grin Our local AD is quite the enabler saleswoman when it comes to Seiko watches. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SOTAR
posted Hide Post
Forum member David Truong is the first place to go.

Be sure to check out Luminox, there are several that would fit your requirements.

https://luminox.com/collection...-ice-sar-arctic-1003

My Tissot has been going strong for 22 years now.

Posts: 1037 | Location: portland, OR | Registered: October 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take a look at these, I have their Overlord and wear it all the time.

https://sangininstruments.com/products/dark-merlin

Posts: 1702 | Location: Alpharetta, GA | Registered: September 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Vthoky: thanks! Once I make a decision, I may take you up on that.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Just bought a Tissot and I like it very much.

quote:
Originally posted by SOTAR:
Forum member David Truong is the first place to go.

Be sure to check out Luminox, there are several that would fit your requirements.

https://luminox.com/collection...-ice-sar-arctic-1003

My Tissot has been going strong for 22 years now.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Stick and I will be glad to contribute to your delinquency -- er, um, -- help you find what you're looking for. Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13495 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
My next will be either a Tissot Seamaster or a Ball Engineer 2 with the moon phase. We'll see how much money I can part with when the time comes.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Goose5, Tissot Seastar Wink. But being under the same corporate umbrella as the Omega Seamaster I do think of the Seastar as a more affordable Seamaster that still provides quite a bit of watch for the money. If Tissot had not made the Tissot Seastar 1000 Professional (their limited edition diving Chronograph) so darn big it would be in my heavy rotation.

The latest generation of the Seastar is nice but the previous Gen with the silver dial is my favorite.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I remember you raving about this watch over in the watch thread. That's why I took a serious look at.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjtnova:
Take a look at these, I have their Overlord and wear it all the time.

https://sangininstruments.com/products/dark-merlin

Very interesting - I like it. I wish the Atlas was available with solar quartz.

Everything appears sold out though - no idea when they will be back in stock. Will also try to research country of origin and reliability. But these seem nice on paper.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Are you dead set on analog? Seiko makes a very cool solar watch patterned after their tuna diver. It’s not a well known watch but it’s user interface is amazing and it’s looks are pretty good too.

I think of it as Seiko’s closest attempt to make a G-Shock competitor.

Seiko SBEP

They are mostly a JDM offering with few if any domestic vendors but they can easily be found on eBay for pretty good prices.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
You've got an SBEP, haven't you, stick?

God bless America.

Posts: 13495 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Digital - usually the numbers are too small to read easily. Need a large font size. And digital usually has a very busy face. Too much info I don’t need.

Analog is comfortable.

I’ll look at the sbep line more closely though. Hadn’t noticed them before.

Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Just an FYI. Christopher Ward's July sale kicked off today with lots of great watches in your price range. Sale usually runs a week or so. Refresh often as new watches will often be added the day. The nearly new watches are basically in perfect condition and still have the 60/60 warranty.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:
Just an FYI. Christopher Ward's July sale kicked off today with lots of great watches in your price range. Sale usually runs a week or so. Refresh often as new watches will often be added the day. The nearly new watches are basically in perfect condition and still have the 60/60 warranty.

Thanks for the CW sale reminder, I just ordered a C60 nearly new.

Posts: 419 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
It’s a great watch. The C60 I show above was bought nearly new a few years ago. I do have a C65 Super Compressor incoming that I picked up in the current sale.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Killing me with temptation.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
More Seiko goodness for you, konata: I present to you the SBDN081.

God bless America.