SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gun battle between CPD, suspected carjackers in Loop caught on video CHICAGO CRIME Suspect charged with attempted murder of CPD officer; 2 others char
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun battle between CPD, suspected carjackers in Loop caught on video CHICAGO CRIME Suspect charged with attempted murder of CPD officer; 2 others char Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Looks like the officer in the front of the car wasn't sure which one the threat was and was using the "some for everyone!" method. Big Grin Not that I blame him. lol

Did the passenger shoot at him? I guess so judging by his reaction and the charges. (I read it a couple times, am I missing it?)

Posts: 21378 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did the passenger shoot at him?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yes. He showed up for his bond hearing in a wheelchair.

Posts: 17530 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Did the passenger shoot at him?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yes. He showed up for his bond hearing in a wheelchair.

Too bad not a hearse...............

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4657 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
They will be on the streets next week.
Is it my imagination, or do you frequently make remarks such as this?

Probably not your imagination - I am sure I have made a comment or two like this be out of frustration at how often these repeat offenders get cycled back out onto the streets regardless of the severity of their crimes. I'll try to curb some of the pessimism.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Perez claimed that he found the Honda on Howard Street in Skokie with the keys inside and has been driving it ever since.
Yes, that's exactly what any law-abiding person would do.

It's part of Illinois new "finders keepers" policy.

Ugh. What my city has become.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good job by the officers involved. Let's hope the City and CPD back them up on this.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CPD SIG:

I remember when 001 (downtown) was considered a retirement District. I know guys that transferred there because they rolled the sidewalks up at 2100 and nothing was going on after that.

To be fair, Cooter, Bull and Harvey were working there, and did what they did! Wink

When I got to 001, yep- very quiet and nice place to work. Good food, nice people. That changed within about a year. "Apple Picking"- where the little groups of urban Amish would go out and snatch the iPhones out of people's hands. Then the robberies, then the flash mobs, then the protests...

Now, downtown is a lot like Hyde Park.
Sure, it's nice, but if you're not watching out and knowing what you're looking for, one (or more) of the savages are going to get you. Crime has seriously migrated to Downtown, Near North, Edgewater, West Loop... And it's only getting worse.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8548 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:

I remember when 001 (downtown) was considered a retirement District. I know guys that transferred there because they rolled the sidewalks up at 2100 and nothing was going on after that.

To be fair, Cooter, Bull and Harvey were working there, and did what they did! Wink

When I got to 001, yep- very quiet and nice place to work. Good food, nice people. That changed within about a year. "Apple Picking"- where the little groups of urban Amish would go out and snatch the iPhones out of people's hands. Then the robberies, then the flash mobs, then the protests...

Sure, it's nice, but if you're not watching out and knowing what you're looking for, one (or more) of the savages are going to get you. Crime has seriously migrated to Downtown, Near North, Edgewater, West Loop... And it's only getting worse.

I keep hearing of carjackings in neighborhoods that were considered pretty safe a few years ago. Bucktown. Wicker Park and even Edison Park.

Seems pretty strange to me the city is not stepping on this hard.

The taxpayers will vote with their feet and I think many already have.

posted Hide Post
You forgot Oak Park. It is technically not Chicago but adjacent to it. Happened in front of the Middle School. Sam Giancana lived there, the Spilotro brothers and a few others. It was the home of many Outfit members.

Posts: 17530 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmo952:

I keep hearing of carjackings in neighborhoods that were considered pretty safe a few years ago. Bucktown. Wicker Park and even Edison Park.

Seems pretty strange to me the city is not stepping on this hard.

The taxpayers will vote with their feet and I think many already have.

Yes, yes, yes and yes.

And not just carjackings- crime in general is up. And yes, it's becoming more prevalent in areas that a few years ago were considered "safe".

https://cwbchicago.com/2022/01...ably-even-worse.html

Yes, the citizens are getting sick of this bullshit, and leaving for other places. So are the police.

https://cwbchicago.com/2022/01...puty-mayor-says.html

Other mayors are dumb enough to come out and say "defunding the police". lightfoot isn't that stupid, don't get me wrong, she's a FUCKING IDIOT, but she's not dumb. She's mismanaging the department, staffing it with ass-licking lackeys (Assclown brown) and tyrants that are way too impressed with themselves and their cute little ribbons (carter). Thereby making this place so miserable, no one wants to stay, so she can say "I'm not defunding the police!" We're loosing cops at an alarming rate, and no one wants to take the job. Academy classes of 50 recruits is a JOKE! There should (and needs to be) three times that number. Even more of a joke when out of the 50, only 30 show up... I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorists, but the dismantling of the Chicago Police Department is all part of her design.

The ones that are sticking around (poor bastards like that CPD SIG... But he's an asshole, so don't feel too sorry for him) aren't doing any "pro-active" police work anymore. We know, and have been through and have friends that have been through a "bad beef". The Complaints against the police are investigated by COPA. COPA is comprised of the biggest bunch of police-hating pricks you're ever going to run into. No such thing as a "fair and impartial" investigation from them. And they are handing out 15, 20 and 30 day suspensions like they're candy on halloween. So cops here, and in other democratic run cities are in "self preservation" mode, and only doing what they're supposed to do, and nothing more.

Here's the sad thing- Sgts, Lt's, and Commanders don't blame them at all. Because we've been a part of the "witch hunts" too.

It's the Delusion that I get upset with. The mayor actually thinks she's doing a good job. The media (outside of CWB and a few other conservative websites) is sucking her ass like it's fashionable. Yet everything she touches turns to shit. And she thinks she has a shot at a second term.

She's the accidental mayor.
The "better" qualified candidates split the vote, so it went to a runoff election. Here's the kicker- lightfoot was actually the BETTER CHOICE between her and Preckwinlke. Now that's a scary thought!

And yes again- voters, aka Taxpayers, are leaving too! That is a long and protracted story in itself, and the endings of that story aren't good at all for the city. In short time, this place is going to make Detroit look like the Rivera.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8548 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I’ve said it for a while now. It’s all part of the plan. PO-Leece are most often conservatives, and we can’t have people that won’t follow follow the direction of tyrants.

I’ve said it for years, and five years ago I was laughed at. The goal is to federalize the local police. A union TSA style organization in every city and town.

And the conditions are happening now for the government to come “save” us all from the lack of good cops willing to put up with the created chaos.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37195 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:

I remember attending an in service training thing with Bull when Mike Shields tried to start some shit with Bull. Bull was hot and it didn't end well for Shields,lol. He slinked away with his tail tucked between his legs.

Posts: 5795 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post