SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gun battle between CPD, suspected carjackers in Loop caught on video CHICAGO CRIME Suspect charged with attempted murder of CPD officer; 2 others char
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun battle between CPD, suspected carjackers in Loop caught on video CHICAGO CRIME Suspect charged with attempted murder of CPD officer; 2 others char Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 17531 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They're still alive. That's a pity. There's too much garbage on this planet.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109166 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Doctors told police the shooting victim’s condition is now considered stable.

Why the hell is the carjacker referred to as a shooting victim? Give me a break.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11109 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too bad the head shot was not about 2 inches to the left!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HEY! That's my old District! (And yards away from Klusk's District)
And I know all of the Officers involved.
The Officer that went to the Passenger side of the car... VERRRRYYYYY LUCKY! Like within inches of his head lucky! Former Army EOD guy. One of the other Officers on the stop was one of my Recruits, former Army as well, solid guy! Another Officer on the scene was one who was the initial car that got shot up in the Mercy Hospital Shooting a few years back.

LINK: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercy_Hospital_shooting

All I can say is the Officers and the people in the surrounding cars got lucky, and I'm glad none of them got hurt!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8548 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Doctors told police the shooting victim’s condition is now considered stable.

Why the hell is the carjacker referred to as a shooting victim? Give me a break.

Because the news media here is at war with the CPD and will do anything and everything to portray the CPD in a bad light. If a copper in a suburb does something they consider wrong, they will even identify him as an officer from the CPD.

Posts: 5795 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
The Officer that went to the Passenger side of the car... VERRRRYYYYY LUCKY! Like within inches of his head lucky! Former Army EOD guy. One of the other Officers on the stop was one of my Recruits, former Army as well, solid guy! Another Officer on the scene was one who was the initial car that got shot up in the Mercy Hospital Shooting a few years back.

All I can say is the Officers and the people in the surrounding cars got lucky, and I'm glad none of them got hurt!

I remember when 001 (downtown) was considered a retirement District. I know guys that transferred there because they rolled the sidewalks up at 2100 and nothing was going on after that.

Posts: 5795 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:

I was impressed with the officer who got the drivers to safety.

Posts: 12585 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
That clearly wasn't the perp drivers first rodeo, he was "assuming the position" on the way to the ground. Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6373 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why did the LEO stop shooting?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The followup story on WGN mentioned how the License plate readers were important in apprehending these thugs. The 42nd ward is where most of these cameras are located. Thousands of cars pass by that area daily.

Posts: 17531 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Well, they don't call it "Wacker" Drive for nothing. Good job, CPD.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3796 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
The followup story on WGN mentioned how the License plate readers were important in apprehending these thugs. The 42nd ward is where most of these cameras are located. Thousands of cars pass by that area daily.

interesting. The criminals here take off the plates immediately and drive around that way.

They don't get stopped, at least in Portland and many other parts of the state, because the new policing policy only covers safety violations and having no plate is not a safety issue.

as a result we have MANY cars driving around with no plates and not even a temp permit in the window.

if you don't believe me, look here: https://www.portland.gov/wheel...-enforcement-consent

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11109 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OH I believe you. Portland is beyond stupid. My state only requires a rear plate. I was stopped twice in Illinois when I was there for a few days.

posted Hide Post
better video from NBC and a good description of what transpired:

Surveillance video of a police shooting on Lower Wacker Drive in the Loop shows two officers firing into a stolen car, glass flying as bullets smash through the windshield.

One of the passengers in the Honda Accord, a 25-year-old man, was shot several times and seriously wounded. The two officers were not shot but suffered minor injuries during the confrontation Wednesday night, according to a police statement.

At least two other cars were near the Accord when the shots were being fired but no other injuries were reported. Officers are seen in the video getting the drivers to safety as the gunfire stops and police take the suspects into custody.

The shooting happened just before 9 p.m. in the 200 block of East Lower Wacker Drive. A police statement said there was an “exchange of gunfire,” though that is not clearly shown in the video obtained from police sources.

The video begins with the Honda Accord stopping and a police SUV, blue lights flashing, pulling in front of the Accord and cutting it off.

As an officer gets out, the Accord backs up and hits a black sedan behind it. The officer rushes to the passenger side, pulls his gun, aims it into the car and almost immediately drops to the pavement, according to the video.

Another officer get outs of a police car and, using the door for cover, fires repeatedly into the car, the video shows. Jagged holes appear in the windshield with each shot.

The other officer rolls on his back and, with both hands, aims his gun at the front passenger window and appears to fire several times. The two officers are facing each other — one on the ground, the other behind a door — as they fire at the car between them, according to the video.

The shooting suddenly stops but the officers keep aiming at the car. Other officers arrive, as many as 10 pointing their guns at the car as it appears the front passenger raises his hands, according to the video.

While officers get people in the black car and a nearby white Mercedes to safety, the two front doors of the Accord open. The driver rolls onto the pavement and lies on his stomach. The front passenger is pulled from the car and lies on his back, his arms splayed. The video ends there.

The 25-year-old passenger in the Accord was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in serious to critical condition, Chicago fire officials said. One of the officers was also taken to Northwestern and the other to Rush Medical Center.

Two other people in the car were taken into custody. Police said they recovered two weapons.

The Civilian Office of Police Accountability is investigating the incident.

Copyright CHIST - SunTimes

link: The video begins with the Honda Accord stopping and a police SUV, blue lights flashing, pulling in front of the Accord and cutting it off.

As an officer gets out, the Accord backs up and hits a black sedan behind it. The officer rushes to the passenger side, pulls his gun, aims it into the car and almost immediately drops to the pavement, according to the video.

Another officer get outs of a police car and, using the door for cover, fires repeatedly into the car, the video shows. Jagged holes appear in the windshield with each shot.

The other officer rolls on his back and, with both hands, aims his gun at the front passenger window and appears to fire several times. The two officers are facing each other — one on the ground, the other behind a door — as they fire at the car between them, according to the video.

The shooting suddenly stops but the officers keep aiming at the car. Other officers arrive, as many as 10 pointing their guns at the car as it appears the front passenger raises his hands, according to the video.

While officers get people in the black car and a nearby white Mercedes to safety, the two front doors of the Accord open. The driver rolls onto the pavement and lies on his stomach. The front passenger is pulled from the car and lies on his back, his arms splayed. The video ends there.

The 25-year-old passenger in the Accord was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in serious to critical condition, Chicago fire officials said. One of the officers was also taken to Northwestern and the other to Rush Medical Center.

Two other people in the car were taken into custody. Police said they recovered two weapons.

Copyright CHIST - SunTimes

link: The video begins with the Honda Accord stopping and a police SUV, blue lights flashing, pulling in front of the Accord and cutting it off.

LINK: https://www.nbcchicago.com/new...-windshield/2740573/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

posted Hide Post
Perez claimed that he found the Honda on Howard Street in Skokie with the keys inside and has been driving it ever since.

Noel Centeno, 20, was driving the car that night, prosecutors said. The judge placed him on a $250,000 bond.

Jesse Sanchez, 21, faces a gun charge for allegedly being found with a chrome revolver in the backseat. In court, Sanchez admitted that the gun was his.

At the time of the incident, the driver, Centeno, was facing a warrant due to bail violations in a pending gun case.

posted Hide Post
They will be on the streets next week.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Perez claimed that he found the Honda on Howard Street in Skokie with the keys inside and has been driving it ever since.
Yes, that's exactly what any law-abiding person would do.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
They will be on the streets next week.
Is it my imagination, or do you frequently make remarks such as this?

Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
All hispanic, makes one wonder if they are illegals since Chicago is a sanctuary city.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post