SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone else doing Sig Saturday?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else doing Sig Saturday? Login/Join 
Picture of Green Highlander
posted
Just wondering if anyone is making the trip to the ProShop to grab the 40%off the wall guns? I have made out well in past years.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Damn, I need a little more notice...40% off on a P320AXG or maybe an MCX VIRTUS in 300 BLK does sound attractive though. Cool

Of course, they're in opposite corners of the ProShop and I haven't had sufficient time for analysis paralysis and/or recon, so even if I were the first in line, I'm not sure I'd know which way to flank when I reach the desk... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First I heard of this, does this happen every year?

Is it advertised anywhere?

Is there a huge line out the door?

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMPinNYC
posted Hide Post
Is this April 1st or something? Can't be true!?!?

Best regards,
Nick.

NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor

Posts: 710 | Location: Back in northern NJ/NY State Catskills | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, this is real. Yes, lines out the door into the parking lot. Yes, anything worth buying is long gone by 11:30am.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was actually first in line this year. Don’t ask what time I got there. The discount was less this year than in past years, only 30% off the display guns and 15% of any others. This year also limited you to only one display gun. I picked up the display Legion P229 RXP and while waiting for the background check I decided to grab a 1911 Stainless Match Elite in 9mm. All in all, a productive trip.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Sooo, what time did you get there...Seriously! Wink

I once got up at 3:00 AM to get to BestBuy before 4:00 AM to get a Sony PlayStation 4 when they were first released. It was for a Christmas present for my Son, and it was all of EIGHT Degrees outside when I got out of the car to secure the 3rd spot in line! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got there at midnight. I usually got around 3:00 but my wife was tired so I just decid3d to leave early and let her sleep. The second guy didn’t show up until 4:30. I was just really thankful the snow and rain stopped during the night. Was still really cold though.

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Back in my younger dumber days, I once showed up the night before Springsteen tickets went on sale..spent all night in the parking lot partying with total strangers who took pity on a fellow fan...so, I'd be willing to tough it out for a deal on a gun.

Note to self: pack daypack with a couple thermoses of somthin' hot.

Is Black Friday the only time they hold this event?

Could a customer come in from out of state and buy a gun and then pay to have it shipped to their local FFL?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is usually the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Plenty of out of state people to come. Over the years I have picked up a P226 Stainless Elite, a gen2 MPX carbine and a couple of optics including a Romeo 4 for $199.

Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
I'll go when they move to Arizona.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2838 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
I have stood inline several times for many things. From Video games to ammo at Gander Mountain. I think it sounds like fun .
Google says it is 14 hours and 46 minutes from me.

Posts: 1600 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post