SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What not to do (according to my wife). Lesson # 1
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What not to do (according to my wife). Lesson # 1 Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
My wife would have kicked her out of the house if she had a cross word about our Schmoopy boy. She loves our dog more than I'm comfortable with at times. Wink

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
My work takes me to different peoples houses and often I get to meet their dogs.... best way to make a dog your friend is get down to their level and let them lick you in the face...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
A church friend of your wife? I'd have let it go. Who cares what the church woman thinks? IMO a smart-ass reply, even if well deserved, isn't worth potentially causing some issues for your wife. I know my husband has extended that courtesy to me a time or two when a friend or acquaintance of mine said something stupid. And I've done the same for him.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
I think you did good, that was a great, fast comeback! I wouldn’t consider that woman much of a friend with an attitude like that. I, being female, probably would have said something along the lines of, God put these dogs here for us, and they offer unconditional love. My dogs love me, and I enjoy giving some love back. They are cleaner than a lot of humans. Wonder what she would have done then?
If I were your wife, I’d support you over a non dog lover

Posts: 1127 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
I would rather talk and play with dogs, than be around most people.

This!!

Next week my wife’s brother is hosting a mini family reunion. It’s spend a week with my wife’s family or stay home with the dog.

Despite the wife’s disapproval, it was a no brainer for me.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6421 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
He who interferes with what doesn’t concern him will find what doesnt please him....

Posts: 13818 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
My father was hosting a family party at our house, doing final cleanup of the front porch and steps, when one aunt showed up with her kids. He put the broom down, went to greet them, and on the way into the house, my aunt teased him, saying "What's that broom for?"

Being of Irish descent and quick-witted, he said, "It's for you to ride home on."

That is great. Made my weekend !

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8696 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
I would rather talk and play with dogs, than be around most people.

+1 I've been that way for years!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
That was a pretty good response, very good on you. That's probably the last time she will attack you for any reason, let alone a valid one. Some people are cruel just for the hell of it for no other reason than being a jerk. And some people are just plain old evil, which unfortunately can come in many forms.

These days if someone in my house offers offense that is unwarranted I may choose to leave the house calmly and without malice, with the idea that I'm not always and necessarily obligated to deal with stuff like that if I choose not to. Sometimes you gotta disengage and let someone else be miserable all by themselves without your presence. There's nothing wrong with leaving if that is helpful. Mind you that is not very often, but sometimes it's a healthier and better option than trying to fix something that may not be fixable at that moment or if at all.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8696 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post