SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What not to do (according to my wife). Lesson # 1
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What not to do (according to my wife). Lesson # 1 Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted
Wife had a group of folks from church over tonight. At one point I slipped away to my office to check email, and see what my hound Louie was up to. Smile This woman (not one of my favorite people) passed by my office just in time to see me face to face talking to Lou and kissing him on his forehead an nose. Of course, not being a pet lover she just had to offer a comment....

"I can't believe you'd kiss that dog like that. That's just gross."

My response....

"I'd damn sure rather kiss this dog than kiss you."

I believe I offended her given her hasty departure. Oh well. I love my dog. Some people, not so much. Wink

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My father was hosting a family party at our house, doing final cleanup of the front porch and steps, when one aunt showed up with her kids. He put the broom down, went to greet them, and on the way into the house, my aunt teased him, saying "What's that broom for?"

Being of Irish descent and quick-witted, he said, "It's for you to ride home on."

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9168 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
pffft...they think they know so much! Big Grin

Posts: 3121 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Ouch...Go right for the jugular!

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4238 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
I would rather talk and play with dogs, than be around most people.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
"Sir, you're drunk!"

"And Madam, you are ugly, but tomorrow I'll be sober!"

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
You did good.

I have said as much and worse over the years.

Some of the people did as the women in your encounter, others are still good friends.

Pull the masks off early.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43916 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc H.:
"Sir, you're drunk!"

One of the good responses attributed to Winston Churchill.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Never ceases to amaze me the people who initiate a confrontation then are surprised by the outcome...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10948 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
OMG!! DOG GERMS!!

A healthy, cared-for dog is cleaner than many people.

Posts: 27984 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Never ceases to amaze me the people who initiate a confrontation then are surprised by the outcome...

Exactly!

You're a much quicker thinker than I would have been big deal and I like your style. I try to go with what I was told as a child: if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations- You hit it out of the ballpark.

Your home, your dog, your office.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13407 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I kick people out of my house that have derogatory comments or attitudes about my home or what I do in it. Someone else’s place, I’ll leave. You are a better man than me, I would have told her she needs to leave. Keep your comments to yourself next time. Dogs are loving creatures who are loyal to the death. I ask for kisses from my Mal all the time. She’d take a bullet for me.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12648 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by Doc H.:
"Sir, you're drunk!"

One of the good responses attributed to Winston Churchill.

flashguy
Another one:

Lady: Sir, if I were your wife I'd give you poison.
Churchill: Madam, if you were my wife I'd take it.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15487 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good one.

I always hope that I, on the spur of the moment, can think of something that will piss them off enough that they will leave.

Posts: 1352 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
That sanctimonious pearl clutcher had it coming.

Posts: 2833 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
How did your wife react? I suspect she was not pleased.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Yeah, but how many jokes are there about having to choose between your wife and your dog?

My favorite is the one about locking both in the car trunk.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9168 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I would have let that womans comment go....I would have smiled, or siad something like..."Oh I like my dogs".

Too many years on the Cop job where I couldn't state my opinion, or true feelings.

Lately I have been doing the same thing; confronting assholes like that. I feel much better now.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
My favorite is the one about locking both in the car trunk.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23308 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post