SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Join or Die - Wood Carving Project
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Join or Die - Wood Carving Project Login/Join 
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted
Thought I’d share the latest project I’ve been playing around with since I retired.
Saw one of these on line & liked the idea and given how many different color combinations I’ve seen on t-shirts & decals I thought it would be something that could be done to match up with a number of rooms.
I realized (after she made no bones of telling me) that I’d not made any wood projects for my sister.
So I decided to give one a try and she will certainly be getting one. LoL
The stray cat I rescued from the prison, a pet that someone tossed out in January, is always quick to offer a distraction.
I found a company that uses a CNC carver to make theirs & are asking $300 for them.
Seemed a bit steep.
This “wood cutting” is not a style I do much of so the first one took a minute to figure out the best & most efficient way to carve, paint & color fill these carvings.
They’ve been distressed but they obviously don’t have to be.
I’ll be biscuiting & gluing up the wood for three more next week.
They will be white & black, hunter green & gold and a second black & gold.
Hopefully by the time I’ve completed six of them I’ll know exactly how long it takes to make one as each one I’ve done went smoother than the previous attempts.
Finally got an early start on Christmas gifts this year.

This is a company I found that CNC carves them.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Love the black and gold.

Posts: 11364 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Really cool. I like black and gold too.

Posts: 13303 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Great looking plaques!

Leaving out Delaware was not a mistake, the area that now represents DE was actually part of the MD colony at the time (although disputed by the Penns). Mason and Dixon drew their line to put almost all of it in MD. So it wasn't really part of the "original 13 colonies" (actually 12), but it did become the first State.

Posts: 6511 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Those are awesome! This has long been one of my favorite Franklin contributions. Keep up the great work. Smile

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:
Those are awesome! This has long been one of my favorite Franklin contributions. Keep up the great work. Smile

I’ve always preferred this over the Gadsden.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Amazing work. Really like the blue & black.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15379 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Very well done.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
You have an amazing set of skills

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38005 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I've often wondered if that comma is really needed there.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5053 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
Well…..the title of the thread certainly caught my attention….and I figured I better quickly join the thread before I die!!! Big Grin

Now that I’m safely in here, and won’t suddenly drop dead….cool carving!!! Well done!

Posts: 3121 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post