CDC Warns Consumers That Kale Is Still Disgusting

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/5940074654

May 07, 2019, 07:44 PM
MNSIG
CDC Warns Consumers That Kale Is Still Disgusting
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
WHAT? Kale is one of my favorite vegetables, and it's so good for us.

What is the formula for days of additional life per pound of kale consumed? Is it quantifiable or just “settled science”?
May 08, 2019, 05:19 AM
kramden
Which plant was it that Obama said we could make fuel out of?? Was it kale? Or was it kelp/ Doesn't matter. It was an Obama thought so you know it was stupid.
May 08, 2019, 06:01 AM
Bassamatic
I've never eaten it that I know of. Now I'm glad I haven't. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.
May 08, 2019, 06:31 AM
Blume9mm
I grew up eating turnip greens and collards... now my wife can make one more good mess of greens from kale.

then again having been born, raised and lived all my life in the south I've been known to say that Yankees should be just like Grits and Greens and just pass on through..... on their way to Florida, which by my reckoning is not a Southern state.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"
May 08, 2019, 10:52 AM
83v45magna
Kale tastes just like most common grass smells, in my experience. Memories of football came flooding in. You know, every once in a while you had to wait a moment for a pile of people to get up while you were face down in the grass. That's what it tastes like to me.

It is not a food.
May 08, 2019, 10:58 AM
sigmonkey
Kale, my food's food.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
May 08, 2019, 11:01 AM
FenderBender
I like kale, I just like brussel sprouts better, and they are close enough, I don't much eat kale.
May 08, 2019, 11:04 AM
justjoe
It's important to prepare it properly. First, cut off the thick bottom stems. Throw them in the garbage. Now, with a scissors, trim the green leaves from the remaining stems. Throw the stems in the garbage. Chop the green leaves into small pieces. Now throw them in the garbage. Done.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."
May 08, 2019, 05:37 PM
kramden
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
It's important to prepare it properly. First, cut off the thick bottom stems. Throw them in the garbage. Now, with a scissors, trim the green leaves from the remaining stems. Throw the stems in the garbage. Chop the green leaves into small pieces. Now throw them in the garbage. Done.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
May 08, 2019, 09:02 PM
amc
My wife cooks her kale with bacon and minced garlic. Its delicious.
Kale by itself is not so good.
May 08, 2019, 09:13 PM
maxxpower
My only experience with kale is that 15 years ago I used to feed it to my iguana.

He loved kale, bananas, strawberries, and hibiscus flowers.

I remember the kale looking all fresh and delicious when I would buy it for him - until I tried it for the first and last time......
May 08, 2019, 10:35 PM
Jim Shugart
quote:
Originally posted by amc:
My wife cooks her kale with bacon and minced garlic. Its delicious.
Kale by itself is not so good.
Yup, it's a southern thang. Plus some chopped onion and vinegar. With a wedge of cornbread and some pinto beans and you're GTG.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw
May 08, 2019, 10:59 PM
arcwelder
Kale is gross.

Swiss Chard is where it's at.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

May 08, 2019, 11:12 PM
Sailor1911
I'd rather eat a Coot.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016