SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    CDC Warns Consumers That Kale Is Still Disgusting
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CDC Warns Consumers That Kale Is Still Disgusting Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
WHAT? Kale is one of my favorite vegetables, and it's so good for us.

What is the formula for days of additional life per pound of kale consumed? Is it quantifiable or just “settled science”?

Posts: 8962 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Which plant was it that Obama said we could make fuel out of?? Was it kale? Or was it kelp/ Doesn't matter. It was an Obama thought so you know it was stupid.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I've never eaten it that I know of. Now I'm glad I haven't. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5048 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I grew up eating turnip greens and collards... now my wife can make one more good mess of greens from kale.

then again having been born, raised and lived all my life in the south I've been known to say that Yankees should be just like Grits and Greens and just pass on through..... on their way to Florida, which by my reckoning is not a Southern state.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Kale tastes just like most common grass smells, in my experience. Memories of football came flooding in. You know, every once in a while you had to wait a moment for a pile of people to get up while you were face down in the grass. That's what it tastes like to me.

It is not a food.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Kale, my food's food.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43916 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I like kale, I just like brussel sprouts better, and they are close enough, I don't much eat kale.

Posts: 8151 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
It's important to prepare it properly. First, cut off the thick bottom stems. Throw them in the garbage. Now, with a scissors, trim the green leaves from the remaining stems. Throw the stems in the garbage. Chop the green leaves into small pieces. Now throw them in the garbage. Done.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11109 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
It's important to prepare it properly. First, cut off the thick bottom stems. Throw them in the garbage. Now, with a scissors, trim the green leaves from the remaining stems. Throw the stems in the garbage. Chop the green leaves into small pieces. Now throw them in the garbage. Done.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife cooks her kale with bacon and minced garlic. Its delicious.
Kale by itself is not so good.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My only experience with kale is that 15 years ago I used to feed it to my iguana.

He loved kale, bananas, strawberries, and hibiscus flowers.

I remember the kale looking all fresh and delicious when I would buy it for him - until I tried it for the first and last time......

Posts: 326 | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amc:
My wife cooks her kale with bacon and minced garlic. Its delicious.
Kale by itself is not so good.
Yup, it's a southern thang. Plus some chopped onion and vinegar. With a wedge of cornbread and some pinto beans and you're GTG.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15487 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Kale is gross.

Swiss Chard is where it's at.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27009 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
I'd rather eat a Coot.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3763 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post