SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hey, where are the McRibs?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey, where are the McRibs? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Had my yearly McRib feast..... two for $5 blood pressure up and I think they taste better than last years. VI....

Posts: 646 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
My dad loves the McRibs, he's in Oly WA and can't find them anywhere.

I told him that a McDs near me has them... asked him if he wanted me to overnight one out Razz

He said no thanks...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They're baaaaaack.

https://qconline.com/news/stat...44-f14942412c8e.html

McDonald's cult classic, the McRib, is coming back

The Associated Press
Oct 30, 2020 Updated 17 hrs ago

NEW YORK (AP) — McRib, the fast food sandwich that went viral before viral was a thing, is back.

McDonald's announced Friday that for the first time in eight years it will be offering nationwide its barbeque slathered sandwich with the cult following.

The McRib will appear on the menus Dec. 2, for a limited time of course.

The McRib is an elusive prize for adherents, who scour the internet for reports of its surfacing at limited locations, and for a short amount of time. There is even a website called the McRib Locator https://mcriblocator.com/ created to spread the word about McDonald's restaurants that are offering the boneless pork sandwich served with slivered onions and pickles on top.

The company’s social media team this month lamented a lack of concern over its feelings, when the McRib enters the conversation.

McDonald's is reintroducing the McRib nationally as it tries to regain its footing during the pandemic, which left many of its dining rooms sparsely populated or empty, though drive-thrus continued to operate.

When it released second-quarter earnings in July showing a 68% decline in net income, the world's largest burger chain said it would spend more than $200 million to support franchisee marketing during the second quarter in a bid to get customers back.

It's not impossible to get a McRib any time you want it, but you might need to travel to Germany, where it's on the menu year round.

The McRib debuted nationally the U.S. in 1982.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No thanks. Last time I tried that glop I couldn't figure out why I ever thought that this stuff was worth missing and pining for in the first place. Fit of misplaced nostalgia, I'd guess.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I had a friend who made a living trading in the hog markets. He said that when the McRib was available, McDonalds was the largest buyer in the nation.

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Not trying to be a party pooper but thanks but no thanks. Will gladly pass my chance to anyone who wants it and will not think any less of you. ...................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
If anything will break this pandemic hysteria, the McRib will! Wink Cool

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Same day we'll see fist fights at McDonalds.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never eaten a McRib....what am I missing?

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Texturized inverted pork rectums marinated in a spicy sauce.

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
I don't care for them, but for those that do, enjoy them while you can.

I wish they'd bring back the fried apple pie!

Posts: 1801 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I recall when McDonalds first appeared on Erie Blvd in Syracuse. As an elementary school kid I enjoyed the cheap hamburgers and fries my folks got my younger brother and me for a "treat."

As years went by, Mickey D became less and less of an attraction. Don't think I've had anything from them in double digit years now. No biggie and no loss. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16213 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have it year round in Germany.Always.

Posts: 739 | Location: Germany | Registered: August 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Such mystery meat can cause you to masticate and may even give you cooties. You’ve been warned.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
It's kinda like a hotdog. You are never really sure whats inside but it's good anyways. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Thanks for keeping this thread going.

Hell Yes, I hear they will be back.

I will be sure to post pics when I am able to buy one.

Haters gonna' hate. Big Grin

Eaters gonna' eat!

Viva' McRib!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Thanks for keeping this thread going.

Hell Yes, I hear they will be back.

I will be sure to post pics when I am able to buy one.

Haters gonna' hate. Big Grin

Eaters gonna' eat!

Viva' McRib!!!

We’re rowing the same boat.
Don’t know why but I love these things.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Crap, I missed this when I posted the update. I CAN'T WAIT A WHOLE MONTH!!!

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Texturized inverted pork rectums marinated in a spicy sauce.

That makes my mouth moist!

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
For my 1cts worth = You cannot pay me enough to eat on. Tried one years ago when they first showed up. DO NOT and Will Not eat another one ..............................drill sgt.

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post