Member

| quote: Originally posted by bdylan: No, I've never had a belt in that condition. I don't even like the bend that folks are pointing out. If you alternate the direction you wear the belt, you can minimize that curvature that develops.
The first person I heard of doing that, I thought they were crazy. But ever since I got my Nexbelt(s), I've gotten use to doing it also. |
| | |
The Ice Cream Man
| +1 as a person who alternates his belt direction. Also, I rotate belts like I rotate shoes.
BS-3595-C401. In Theory, this will be the "seal" verifying that I am an attorney, and when I was licensed/the authority was last contacted, and confirmed it to be active.
|
| | | Posts: 6919 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007 |  
IP
|
|
Member
| quote: Originally posted by mark123: This has happened to every belt I’ve ever owned. I’m hesitant to buy a $70-$100 belt because it’ll happen to one of those as well. I’m almost willing to bet on it. However, I’m going to try this next: https://www.hanksbelts.com/col...?variant=27408092230
I've had that happen with cheaper belts but never with a quality gun belt. I typically wear a 1.75 wilderness belt and it's very ridged. I've never used the belt you linked to but would bet money it'll do the same thing since it's a single layer leather. For that kind of money I would find a double layer sewn leather belt like what thebeltman makes |
| | |
Member

| Now I've got a cart with a $100 belt sitting in it. Mulling it over, never spent more than $20-30 on a belt & usually have them last 5-7 years.
The Enemy's gate is down. |
| | |
W07VH5

| quote: Originally posted by dave7378: Yes, has happened to every one of my belts. Cheap belts, quality belts, same thing.
Thanks. That’s why I’m balking at dropping a lot of loot on one. |
| | | Posts: 45892 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001 |  
IP
|
|
Loves His Wife

| I can tell you that Hank’s belt won’t hold a candle to Beltman or Ryan Grizzle. Beltran will even do a kydex reinforced belt. A custom belt like Beltman & RGrizzle is double layer leather (shoulder hide which is the best hide for leather belts), glued and stitched and is 5 times the belt of any single layer belt. |
| | |
Loves His Wife

| quote: Originally posted by BRL: I can tell you that Hank’s belt won’t hold a candle to Beltman or Ryan Grizzle. Beltman will even do a kydex reinforced belt. A custom belt like Beltman & RGrizzle is double layer leather (shoulder hide which is the best hide for leather belts), glued and stitched and is 5 times the belt of any single layer belt.
|
| | |