SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can't get away from the police stuff
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can't get away from the police stuff Login/Join 
posted
We were coming home when a car headed in the opposite direction spun out and hit an embankment hard.

Wife got on the phone with 911 and we turned around and pulled in behind her.

Left front fender was destroyed, two flat tires, tail light assembly was hanging by the wires.

I walked up and asked her if she was OK, she nodded yes. I told her "Police will be here soon, we'll stay until they get here".

"NO POLICE, NO POLICE" Then she took off on two good tires.

Local P.D. showed up, pulled her over. Appears to be a felony arrest. My guess is weapons under disability and open warrants.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What does "weapons under disability" mean?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
(1) who has been convicted, in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
(2) who is a fugitive from justice;
(3) who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in § 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. § 802));
(4) who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or who has been committed to a mental institution;
(5) who, being an alien,

posted Hide Post
So just an odd/legal way of saying unlawful possession of a firearm?

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep.

Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Years ago I watched a car spin out on the freeway. I stopped, it was mom & a few kids. I gave them a ride to a travel center station. That’s about all I could offer at the time.

You never know, what’s up, most have a cell phone. I thought if one’s involved in criminal activity, supposed to drive legally & carefully??

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
(1) who has been convicted, in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
(2) who is a fugitive from justice;
(3) who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in § 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. § 802));
(4) who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or who has been committed to a mental institution;
(5) who, being an alien,

So being previously convicted, a fugitive, addict, mentally defective, or an alien.......
is now a "disability?"

That must be why I see so many disabled license plates, and disabled tags hanging from rear view mirrors lately.Smile

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I dunno. My mind doesn’t immediately go to unlawful possession of a firearm, my first thought is DUI. Great reason to not want to interact with law enforcement.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I dunno. My mind doesn’t immediately go to unlawful possession of a firearm, my first thought is DUI. Great reason to not want to interact with law enforcement.

My first thought too.
Having weapons doesn't cause that type of driving. Not to say they don't also have other legal issues.

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You all lost the bubble.

When they pulled her over, they found a weapon in her vehicle. She wasn't allowed to have one.

is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I'm not condoning more illegal behavior than she already commited. Why the hell wouldn't she dump the gun after wrecking the car and running off?

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
Why the hell wouldn't she dump the gun after wrecking the car and running off?
Maybe it was a Fusion Scorpion and she just got it.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
I'm not condoning more illegal behavior than she already commited. Why the hell wouldn't she dump the gun after wrecking the car and running off?

Easy answer there.
Most people in her category (read criminal) aren't that smart.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Eschew bubble obfuscation.

quote:
Can't get away from the police stuff
Friendly advice would be, to start, stop going out of your way to talk like one.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
years ago the guy teaching the concealed weapons class told about stoping at a wreck and in one of the damaged cars was a little guy who "speaka no Enquish".. when he realized the police were on the way he took off and the instructor followed calling into the highway patrol where he was and what he was doing.. after driving all over the place including doing a U turn on the interstate little guys car finally gave out right when a state trooper showed up and pulled in behind him. Trooper walked up to the open driver's window and the guy yelled out again, "speaka no Enquish!" My instructor who had pulled over to watch says the trooper just reached in through the window and pulled the guy out through it and took him to the back of the car and threw him down on the trunk and all of a sudden the guy started by some magic speaking English.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
OP: your first post didn't mention a gun in the car, just what she was arrested for. Not all of us are up on the latest police jargon.

But if driving like a maniac is a indicator that they are felons 'riding dirty', that might explain some of Prince George['s County, MD finest upstanding citizenry taking 'drive like you stole it' to a whole new level when in Virginia.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shikemd
posted Hide Post
About a decade ago I was walking in downtown Albuquerque and spotted a couple across the street who were arguing rather loudly and had a small child with them. It looked like things were going a bad way when they went around a corner out of sight. I decided I should go have a look, and about 30 seconds later I came around the corner to find the woman lying on the ground bleeding, the kid screaming, and the guy running away. I called 911 and checked on the woman and kid. She fortunately wasn't hurt badly, and when she heard that police were coming she was gone as fast as her legs would carry her. I was left standing around for 30 minutes waiting for a cop. When the cop finally arrived all I could do was tell him my version of events and show him the blood on the ground. It left me wishing I hadn't wasted my time.

Posts: 917 | Location: The only state with a state bird named after another state. | Registered: December 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

Easy answer there.
Most people in her category (read criminal) aren't that smart.[/QUOTE]

Best Answer

“Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.”

John Adams

Posts: 315 | Location: Land of 10000 Taxes | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post