SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cytoscopy Procedure Tomorrow
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cytoscopy Procedure Tomorrow Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Well all, I mentioned previously I was having a Cystoscopy on Tuesday. I just got home from that procedure and thought I would share some tips should you have one in your future.

Have someone take you.

Drink heavily or take your recreational drug of choice on the day you are scheduled.

Be sure to take a shit prior because when that camera goes up your pecker, you'll shit right there on the table prolonging the procedure due to cleaning up the mess.

Take a large glass of water filled with crushed ice. You'll want to stick your pecker in there afterward to sooth and put the fire out.

Have something like a stick to bite down on for the next several times you have to piss.

I hope this is helpful information. I wish I had known all this before I had this done today.

Awake not woke

Posts: 567 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Did the Dr at least buy you dinner, after the procedure?

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope this is helpful information. I wish I had known all this before I had this done today.

Gee you mean it's not just minor discomfort like all the shit on the websites say? I've had a couple of them and had the same experience you did except mine hurt for a week.

Posts: 2128 | Location: Tacoma, Wa. | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is, a humbling experience. Especially, if several good looking nurses are in the room with you and you're not really in a great physical position on the table. Shrinkage is a real thing and your voice get high. You just want to go home and drink after that..

Posts: 1453 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nosticks:
Well all, I mentioned previously I was having a Cystoscopy on Tuesday. I just got home from that procedure and thought I would share some tips should you have one in your future.

Have someone take you.

Drink heavily or take your recreational drug of choice on the day you are scheduled.

Be sure to take a shit prior because when that camera goes up your pecker, you'll shit right there on the table prolonging the procedure due to cleaning up the mess.

Take a large glass of water filled with crushed ice. You'll want to stick your pecker in there afterward to sooth and put the fire out.

Have something like a stick to bite down on for the next several times you have to piss.

I had one after which I experienced bladder spasms that put me on the floor pissing myself, but that was the only really bad experience I have had. The average cystoscopy I've experienced has been uncomfortable at worst - like I mentioned I usually went to work afterwards.

The roughest part now for me, after at least 25 of them, is that my doc now only lets me drop trou to my ankles while my legs are hanging of the table. It's a lot more awkward than being on a normal procedure table and aggravates some back issues.

If the urethra is really irritated the urologist can prescribe a drug called Pyridium which eases this discomfort while turning your piss a bright, vivid orange that stains everything.

I really hope that fear of the procedure doesn't prevent someone from getting it done, particularly now that rigid scopes are long gone. Bladder CA, while not frequently lethal, can lead to real issues like a urinary stoma. It also has a high recurrence rate - 3 of my tumors were found during surveillance scopes and were asymptomatic. They were easily snipped during the procedure.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had no issues with mine and no after effects.

Now, waiting on a TURBT, which will be much more invasive and recovery. Depending on the results and biopsy, will see what next steps are.

Posts: 1069 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:
Not looking forward to this.

Any input on what I can expect during and after?
I have one scheduled for August 7.

Posts: 95 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: July 26, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MGMAN45,

Mine was a bit uncomfortable but nothing like no sticks described.

The catheter the ER put it a few weeks before was similar to his description but not this.

I am not happy with the findings but the Cystoscopy was not bad.

Posts: 1069 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My TURBT was Tuesday morning and home that afternoon with no catheter. ER Wednesday morning because I had not urinated for several hours.

That has been taken care of and now waiting for my follow-up next Thursday.

I can see that pathology report online as well as downloaded a copy so it is difficult waiting.

posted Hide Post
While I was on the table I felt like the first and only man who had gone through that. Burned and hurt from the start when the nurse sneaked up and squeezed the numbing med into the red eye. I started breathing like my wife did in child labor. Doc told me to slow down . I did but horrible feeling. He kept telling me to look at the screen to see my prostate and bladder. I said I didn’t care . I just wanted it to be over . Then he put the thing up my tail to measure the prostate size . Humiliating . I’m no stranger to Digital recital exams . This was worse . Then I was left laying in sewage water with some paper towels and told to clean myself up .
I changed doctors . At least I know my prostate has a hump and will need some attention at some point . Don’t know what : TURP or hOLEp. Hate this prostate stuff . Glad you guys seem to have had better experiences. Maybe I’m just a baby.

Posts: 77 | Registered: April 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're no baby. The next thing was done to me last Monday. They needed a biopsy of my right kidney, so up the pecker we go only this time as outpatient surgery. WTF, why not both under sedation. Woke up only to find a bloody mess all over my pecker and a wire hanging out of it. Wire still there, getting it out next Tuesday. I know it's going to hurt like another bite down on a stick episode. Picture a fishing leader dangling in the breeze.

Awake not woke

Posts: 567 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good gosh!!! I am so sorry you have to experience that! The Chinese are easier on their political prisoners. The Middle Ages dungeon torturers never conceived of such techniques!

posted Hide Post
Wow, all the way up to the kidney…

My biggest thing now is waiting until next Thursday for what is said about the pathology report and next steps.

I have been researching what the findings show but I am an engineer, not a doctor.

Picture of bob ramberg
posted Hide Post
Watch out for the first pee that you have to take afterwards. What they don't tell you, is that they fill your bladder up with broken glass. Buckled my knees when I started going.

Bob
Carpe Scrotum

Posts: 1366 | Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Madiganistan | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I'm not trying to make a contest out of this, but I had a right nephro-ureterectomy, (removal of right kidney & ureter) last Wednesday. I was out of the hospital the next day, and started walking in the back yard. I'm still moving slow, but I'm up to two miles a day. I still have another week before the catheter can come out.

The surgeon & pathologist were sure that all the CA was contained & there was no metastasis. Meaning I don't need chemo.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ironbutt,

Praying that chemo is not needed.

There is no contest here. Years ago I was doing some consulting for the American Diabetes Association and was asked what the worst type of diabetes is. My answer, “Whichever type you have is the worst.”

Cancer is the same me.

posted Hide Post
Ironbut, My results are back. It's cancer. Surgery will be scheduled Tuesday the 15th for later in the month. Good to hear from someone who has been through it. Glad to see you were up and walking so fast.

Awake not woke

posted Hide Post
Nosticks,
I am glad it was caught and a course of action is planned. I am praying that God will give your medical providers the wisdom and knowledge necessary to bring you complete healing. I hope you’ll keep us posted.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bentonville:

Nosticks, I am glad it was caught and a course of action is planned. I am praying that God will give your medical providers the wisdom and knowledge necessary to bring you complete healing.
Amen

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30678 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My bladder tumors were cancerous as well. The doctor indicated he got them all and does not think they are invasive.

Pathology came in but my next appointment to go through everything is Thursday.

A) BLADDER TUMOR, POSTERIOR WALL; TRANSURETHRAL RESECTION OF BLADDER TUMOR:
- High-grade papillary urothelial carcinoma with invasion of the lamina propria (see comment).
- Muscularis propria is present and is uninvolved by carcinoma.
B) BLADDER, DEEP; TRANSURETHRAL RESECTION OF BLADDER TUMOR:
- Muscularis propria with no evidence of malignancy.