SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    LDS Missionary takes on robber - don't mess with this Elder
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LDS Missionary takes on robber - don't mess with this Elder Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I chased after a guy in a pickup once on my mission (I was on foot). He had just thrown a cup of pop at us. He ended up running the nearby red light as I approached. My companion just watched in shock

Disappointing women since the 1970's

Posts: 1120 | Location: SC | Registered: October 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I give the thug credit. I typically run/hide when I see door to door Mormons!

Posts: 11432 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That guy was giving him some! Big Grin

It looked like some of the locals were going to finish the lesson up. Big Grin

Posts: 3213 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Active Self Protection has an exceptional YouTube channel with these type videos. Basic lesson learned - if you ever see two males on a scooter or motorbike in central or south America, they are almost always robbers

Posts: 6705 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can understand his companion's reticence to join the fight. By nature missionaries aren't of the mindset of picking fights.....but I'm glad this Elder channeled his inner meathead and fought back. That scum could have easily fired a round when in close proximity. This could have gone really bad...but I'm glad the big dude in the white shirt and tie held his own.

My mission consisted of buckets of rain in southern Chile. Lots of rain.

P229

Posts: 3946 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've got mental
blue balls now
Picture of tlbailey1
posted Hide Post
One of my good friends was/is/was Mormon. He strayed off course in high school, to which I am sure I had some influence in this. He was a state champion wrestler (Heavy), starting center & nose tackle, who did not object to throwing blows and was quite good at it. He would be up at the top of my list of people I know that I would avoid getting into a fight with. Big Grin

After high school, his family pretty much influenced him to stop talking to us, go on a Mission and come back to the church to stay in his family's good graces ($$$ family business).

Several years later I've met up with him again, actually lives in my neighborhood and we still hangout. I'm pretty sure he doesn't attend anymore, although his wife might.

Posts: 6847 | Location: Idaho | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was truly heart warming the way he converted that sinner.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1130 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Muzzleloader- another Ann Arbor person!!!!! I will send you a message backchannel. Sorry for the thread drift.

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad that Elder took care of business. Not surprised the other just watched. I served in 3 different areas of New Orleans and always wished for something like this to happen.

Posts: 569 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post