SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Karma CLOSED - Forged Bottle Openers
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Karma CLOSED - Forged Bottle Openers Login/Join 
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted
Some here may have looked in over the past year & 1/2 at my introduction/ dabbling in Blacksmithing and the thread posted here in the lounge.
As with most things involving skill it looks easier than it turns out to be.
I have huge respect for historical iron work since dipping a toe into this arena.
It’s been a lot of fun but I feel like s blind guy bumping around trying to find his way.
I settled on making bottle openers as a way to gain experience simply moving metal & drifting holes as well as learning and getting to know the forge I built.
Also because I figured that I’d be able to give them away vs being surrounded by stuff no one including myself really wanted.

I will continue to offer these up as time goes by and I get better.
Until then I humbly offer up these openers to anyone interested.
No limitations or restrictions for this Karma except that you have a contact e-mail in your profile so I can notify you & get a shipping address.

These are the ones up for grabs.
The four winners will randomly receive an opener.
You can request a particular one & if available I will send it.

Winners to be chosen next weekend Dec 22nd.

Thank you again for the support & encouragement along the way.
As all of this was & is completely new to me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GrumpyBiker,

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I’ll post some close ups of these.

Blue Scratch Pad Micarta

Necktie icebreaker

Oak Handled opener

Green Layered Micarta

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I would love one of these for no other reason than they were hand made by somebody here. Merry Christmas.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7686 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
I'd love to have one of these as well. Your blacksmithing thread has been fun to watch - keep up the good work Smile

Posts: 1803 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been admiring your learning journey in the metal arts for awhile now; something I'd LOVE to pursue, but am unable to right now due to life being too busy. Please include me in this karma, I'd love to pop a top with one of your openers, until I get a chance to try making my own! Thanks for the opportunity, and have a Merry Christmas!

Posts: 1704 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Unishot
posted Hide Post
As a former journeyman sheet metal worker/fabricator and welder, I can appreciate all that goes into those. I'd be proud to have one and use it multiple times at my gatherings. (Since all of my favorite libations require a bottle opener!) Wink

Please include me in your generous hand-made karma, and thanks for your generosity!

Insert your favorite gun-related witticism here!

Posts: 653 | Location: TX | Registered: March 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of james_1234
posted Hide Post
All those look great. Please count me in.

About 2 or 3 years ago I started turning wood on a lathe. It is amazing how with hours and hours of practice your skill increases. But it takes years of practice to get to the level to make things look simple.

Posts: 1362 | Location: Colorado | Registered: May 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frog in boiling water
posted Hide Post
Great work.
I would love a chance at one of those.
Thanks.

Posts: 429 | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Please include me in the pull of names out of the hat. I would honored to be able to use one of those..

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6489 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Those are cool! I would like a chance please, and first choice would be the green micarta.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30709 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Please add me into the hat.

I really like the look of the oak handled opener.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3854 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
It would be an honor, GB

Posts: 13289 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those look really nice, please count me in and thanks.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I'd love a chance at one of those. Smile Enter me, please.

Posts: 27975 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Add me please.
Those are pretty slick!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25433 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Please include me. If I win, I will donate it to the Tiki bar we built at my daughter's house a few years ago. Cool

how much does an anthropologist make a year

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Nice job! Put me in please.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9368 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Paratus
Picture of sj4550
posted Hide Post
Please add me in

very generous karma for the green or blue micarta.

would make an excellent addition at the reloading bench (that's a joke)

Posts: 378 | Location: Ovilla, TX | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As someone who still uses/needs a bottle opener I would love to have one.

Being hand made and by a Forum Member tops things off.

Please put me in.

Posts: 923 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Looking good Grumpy.

Please include me in the Karma. The Green micarta would be preferred but any would do.

Thanks.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5761 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post