SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    MyPillow: Yay Or Nay?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MyPillow: Yay Or Nay? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
I need a new pillow and can’t figure out if this MyPillow is a scam or if they really are as good as some people say? Does anyone here have one?

I used to have a Tempurpedic neck pillow and loved it, but can’t remember if it just wore out on me or what, but my wife bought me some cheap memory foam pillow a few years ago that isn’t that great and I want something better. The recent reviews of the Tempurpedic pillows aren’t great and it sounds like they’ve tried to cut costs with cheaper feeling foam that people aren’t thrilled with.

I’m a back sleeper so I need something good for that.

ThankS!

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like mine, the fill is a bit chunky but you can wash and dry it and it doesn't mess it up. I sleep a lot better with it

Posts: 3392 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
As I recall the "foundation" that endorses the pillow was started by the manufacturer.

"PhotoPillow fights are fairly common among the younger set but now adults are mixing it up pretty well over a certain kind of pillow, namely MyPillow, a heavily promoted product that is advertised incessantly on TV, cable and the internet.

The Minnesota-based pillowmaker has previously been sued for making health claims it couldn't support and for not paying New York its share of the sales tax the Empire State figured it was due.

And now, in perhaps the cruelest blow, MyPillow has been defrocked, as it were, by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) because of complaints about its "buy one get one free" offer and its BBB rating has been lowered to an "F."

“Among other issues, BBB has attempted to persuade MyPillow to discontinue their "buy one get one free” (BOGO)/other discount offers
without success,” said Dana Badgerow, president and CEO of BBB of Minnesota and North Dakota, in a news release. “Continuous BOGO offers, which can then be construed as an item's regular, everyday price, violate not only BBB’s Code of Advertising - which all BBB Accredited Businesses agree to abide by - but also other state and national organizations’ rules.”

Other issues
Other issues BBB brought to MyPillow’s attention, Badgerow said, were:

“As Seen on TV” claims are sometimes listed on MyPillow boxes where the content is NOT the same as seen on the company’s TV ads. The company has made an effort to remove this, but it can still be seen on third party seller packaging (Walmart, Target, etc.).
Photos of MyPillow on some boxes show the premium, gusseted pillow, when the box actually holds their standard pillow. The company has made an effort to correct this, but it can still be seen on some third party seller packaging.
Claims of offering a “full warranty” when the warranty was not full (customers need to pay a fee to return the pillow).
A pattern of complaints filed against MyPillow has been identified by BBB regarding customers’ understanding of the buy one/get one free offer. A substantial number of the 232 complaints filed against the company regard confusion on the offer.
“We are hopeful that MyPillow will modify their advertising and eliminate discount offers, since the pillows need to be sold at a “regular price” for the majority of the time,” Badgerow said. "
https://www.consumeraffairs.co...-it-an-f-010517.html

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6065 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

Yeah. It's YourPillow...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some people love the mypillow or hate them. I hate them. I bought 2 and the foam is very chunky and very firm. I ordered a soft pillow and a medium, they use the same firm chunky foam in the softer pillows and just use less of it. I think they suck. Bed Bath and Beyond usually has them in their store where you can get your hands on one.

Posts: 21417 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I like mine.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3648 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nay

Posts: 2379 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We like ours. Got them at Bed Bath Beyond which came in handy when the wife wanted the softer version. Easy trade out.

Posts: 2065 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I have one and they are good. I wish I would have gotten the one with less fill.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2040 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Feels like a sack of building blocks, so a big Nay.
Try a BioSense pillow instead. Your neck, hell your whole body will thank me later.

Posts: 3371 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I heard Mike is selling 80,000 pillows a week or something like that.

I wish all you out there would go ahead and buy one or two so Mike can stop running those annoying ads that pop up everywhere. I am spending too much on batteries for my TV remote going between mute and back.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmc85
posted Hide Post
I don’t own one, but you either like it or you don’t. Looked at tons of reviews they’re pretty much what’s been said here so far..

Posts: 2997 | Location: FL | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I heard Mike is selling 80,000 pillows a week or something like that.

I wish all you out there would go ahead and buy one or two so Mike can stop running those annoying ads that pop up everywhere. I am spending too much on batteries for my TV remote going between mute and back.

I'm with you, there.

Q

Posts: 27620 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Doesn't that dog ever tire?

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6409 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
My wife has been in search for the "perfect" pillow ever since we've met. We've had every kind of pillow imaginable, from buckwheat, a Japanese pillow with some kind of beads in it, down, to every therapeutic pillow ever made, and she's never been happy.

We've been using the My Pillows for maybe five years now & she still likes them. I never thought a lot about pillows before, but this one is about the best I've used.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
I love mine.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2874 | Location: Tucson Sector | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
love mine also !

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3350 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
So, to answer the OP:

You're either going to LOVE it, or HATE it. Since there's a money back guarantee which also covers shipping, why not just try it? You have nothing to lose.

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10860 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Mike Lindell is a recently recovered meth addict. He invented the pillow while addicted. I think he has kicked it now.
He is a big conservative and is on the speaking tour. He is going on the conservative cruise and speaking with Hugh Hewitt, Larry Elder and Dennis Praeger.

As far as his pillow goes the wife has one and likes it. I tried it and it's not for me. I have a very firm pillow that after a minute conforms to my head. I really like it but it can get warm to use in the summer months.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8627 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Mrs Skins bought one. She liked it, I tried it, it appears to be pillow-like, but doesn't seem to be any more pillowy than other pillows.

I'd say use it, or whatever works best, I think pillows are just very unique to the individual.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21150 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post