SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    MyPillow: Yay Or Nay?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MyPillow: Yay Or Nay? Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I handled them at WallyWorld some time ago and they left me unimpressed. So my vote is "Nay" for the My Pillow.

The WalMart Ultra Soft Quilted Sidewall Bed Pillows (extra firm; poly fill) we found to be far superior and very durable (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ultrasoft-Quilted-Sidewall-Bed-Pillows-Extra-Firm-Set-of-2/30824784) are are used throughout the household.

That said for my use I converted to a memory foam contoured design 9 years ago. Bought a pair of Charter Club Visco Memory Foam Queen sized firm 3 lb fill that had 7 year warranties. As these are no longer available I just ordered a Modal Visco 4 lb fill memory foam from Amazon that I hope is just as good if not better (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0Q0TU4/).
As an aside I use a CPAP (since 1997) and am a side and back sleeper. The contoured firm memory foam is for me and my needs to be far and away the best type/style.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
I try to stay away from any product that begins with the first two letters of MY because it can only be marketed toward the extremely shallow and those narrow of mind.

Mylanta works well on my heartburn. Guess I'm shallow.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6167 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
PASig,

So what pillow did you end up getting?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
PASig,

So what pillow did you end up getting?

I'm going to try that $10 Walmart knockoff first, that someone recommended, before I drop 90 bucks on a pillow I might not like.

Based on my gut feeling and agreeing with many here on the dubious things this company has done, I'm leaning toward "Nay".

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Replaced my buckwheat hull pillows a couple years ago (looked like ww2 bandages at the end) with a couple of those pillows with the bamboo (rayon) covers. Don't recall the brand but they seem to be everywhere. Bought them on a whim one day in the local city market. Love it-after it breaks in a little.

Posts: 3601 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Angus the Kid:
Mylanta works well on my heartburn...

My doctor said Mylanta... okay so it doesn't include all of them until it becomes mymylanta. Big Grin

Mostly thinking about all the cutesy crap where they have the address of My (what ever the hell their company name is) instead of simply (what ever the hell their company name is) for some forsaken reason. Maybe it is spawned by my disdain for Microsoft (my computer, my network places, my other crap) from very early on. Now I avoid Google like a virus. Mostly because it is...

Posts: 9429 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
We tried them, didn't like them, sent them back. Pillows are a very personal preference.
We sell all kinds (8 types)of cpap pillows and ironically no one ever came in for a return. Go figure...

Posts: 8728 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post