SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
That is a great cigar

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Not a bad score today.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

La Gran Llave maduro this evening. I've never had one before so I have no idea what to expect.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
How is it Pete?
Blanton's and cracker crumbs for me tonight.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quite good. Smooth, slight pepper, dough, tobacco, cocoa, nothing up front and in your face. Construction is great. I needed to touch it up a few times but it is quite breezy tonight.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Picked up two 6 packs of Gurkha tonight. Includes a ghost

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Okay HRK, do you have an area rug in your garage, or a tractor in your living room?

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The end of loooong week. Cheers.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
My first time with one of these. First half was very mild almost boring. A doughy pretzel flavor, some cedar and a darker wood flavor like oak maybe, with a hint of saltiness. Second half hits you with a "oh shit" blast of pepper and cocoa on top of the previous flavors. The aroma is very cubanesque, smooth and almost sweet smelling. Red pepper and spice retrohale. A very good and surprising smoke, i didn't expect the flavor bomb to pop out in the second half in such an explosive way.

posted Hide Post
OK, official opinion of that La Gran llave...leave it on the shelf. I never gave a finished review of it. The flavor profile was lacking from the first third to the nub. The pepper bomb it was when first lit dropped off and the rest of the flavors stayed muted, if there were any.

I was shoveling some snow we got today and grabbed a Blend Lab JO-6550 to smoke. This is better than last night's cigar. Now to prepare for the possibility of feet of snow on Tuesday...

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
TGIF Gentlemen

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Broadleaf sampler showed up today!

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Could I ask a REALLY huge favor of y'all.......

When you post a pic of a bunch of cigars, could you please list them out individually (if bundle is of several brands/types) or just list what it is if it's all the same thing. And even if the band is visible...I ain't that sharp. Wink It would REALLY help this cigar neophyte out TREMENDOUSLY!!

Thanks!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Sorry erj. Tatuaje recently released a huge Broadleaf collection and i got a sampler of 1 of each type. There are 10 sizes in all. Heres more info.

http://www.newhavanacigars.com...Cigars_com_s/153.htm

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Morning brothers.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I had this La Gloria Medaille d'Or #2 last night it was sooooooo good.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
This was from Thursday night. Not many places to smoke a stogie on a trip, so I take the opportunity when I can.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
What a great smoke. I haven't really been impressed by any cubans except the monte #2, the #4s are pretty good but not great. This RA is fantastic though.

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Jay, you have to try the Ramon Allones - Allones Superiores.

It's a LCDH double banded bargain at a bit less that $10 a stick. It is well worth the price. I'm out or I'd sent you one.

I think you'd enjoy Cuban's even more by staying away from the mass produced sticks. Usually when you hear about inconsistency and plugged cigars... it's those mass produced cigars.

If you like the Monte twang, the Petite Edmundo is one of the most consistent. Far fewer are produced compared to the #2 and #4. You don't have to go through as many to get a great one. :+)

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestion Jeff. Ill add some more to my collection at some point. Right now im hoarding money and making room for the Texas cigar festival. Ill have some stuff to give away a few karmas from the swag bag.