SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    El Presidente no more! Happy days are here again, for me
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

El Presidente no more! Happy days are here again, for me Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
At the HOA annual meeting, 4MUL8R successfully presided over his last board meeting. I turned the role over to a willing victim. Now I can focus on my 40th high school reunion.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5057 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
"Just when I thought I was out, they dragged me back in"

Your service to the neighborhood was appreciate, by most, I hope! Can't make them all happy!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3763 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I couldn't live in an HOA neighborhood. I'd end up killing someone.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107685 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Everybody that lives in a HOA neighborhood should serve on their HOA board once, but nobody should serve on their board twice. Truly a thankless job.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23306 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:

We have bylaws against that sort of thing. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7689 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I was the Secretary on our HOA Board for a 2-year term. What a gigantic P.I.T.A.!!!

Never again...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:
Well, that kinda makes my point.

Them sumbitches got rules about everything.
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
I was the Secretary on our HOA Board for a 2-year term.
How often did you get your ass pinched?

Posts: 107685 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Yeah...I don't get pinched and tell. Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43915 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Nor would give a crap about a 40th hsru.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19225 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:

Me neither and Me too!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8379 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Well, that kinda makes my point.

Them sumbitches got rules about everything.
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
I was the Secretary on our HOA Board for a 2-year term.

I'm betting it was once.

Afterward the HOA meetings began and ended on time, stuck to the agenda, were polite and cordially, and had good coffee and snacks. Oh, and they had to replace a chair, as the proctologist damaged it removing it from another board member's rectum.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31470 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I have a friend who moved into an HOA neighborhood and started looking to get out when he got a notice that his grass was 1/8" too high.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I was pleased and lucky to end up in an area of town that I wanted to live in (good schools and less than a mile from my business) and at the same time ending up next to a neighborhood but on the other side of a park.

For whatever reason my lone street falls outside of any HOA.

I am a happy camper.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
HOA...absolutely no way.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3814 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Why HOA

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

I have no problem with that.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43915 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
^^^

I'll second that. It looks like freedom to me.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8221 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
My solution to that is not live anywhere near anyone else. And I don’t care if they keep their house / yard / cars a wreck.

But HOAs are good for ppl who feel they need to keep up with the Joneses and think anyone will give two shits what their lawn looked like a decade from now - hint, nobody worthwhile will even remember.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I think ours doesn't address this specific issue, but the bylaws can be amended with a mere 2/3 majority.

So it's a grey area.....

Posts: 15035 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post