SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Youthful terms of exuberance for going fast.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Youthful terms of exuberance for going fast. Login/Join 
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Just before I retired, a fairly young officer liked to use "jet" a lot.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jman78
posted Hide Post
Mine was always...

“Triple digit domain”

I was young and had a foot made of uranium.
Now I am older, but still have some half life left in the left foot! Just a bit harder when you drive a Camry.

Posts: 178 | Location: St. Petersburg FLorida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Feelin' the need for speed

Posts: 4817 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like a cat on carpet.

Posts: 3910 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flying low to the ground.

Posts: 987 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Lickety split!

Be careful not to say that around Lesbians.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
One exclamation, I heard Phil Liggett blurt out during one of the Armstrong years at TDF I find myself repeating...(lay on the thick Brit lilt and turn the volume up to 9...)

“He’s racing down the course like an F1 motor cah’!”

I always liked the one.

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Hammer down, used many times, but no idea the origin...

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stand on it!

I remember a race commentary by Jackie (the Flying Scot) Stewart saying,”he’s being sucked, literally sucked around the track at 160 to 180 MPH. Can you imagine what that must feel like!”

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Pickin’ ‘em up and layin’ ‘em down.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Around Flint Mi, when I was younger, if you were doing at least triple digits you were:

Running like a MFr
Busting a$$/ bustin’ It
Chooglin’
Smokin’
Tearin’ it up
Flyin’ low
Gone (man, that dude is gone)
Humpin’ it
Shittin’ n Gittn’
Jammin’
Out for a putt

If you were doing 150+ on 2 or 4 wheels you were:
screechin’
redlinin’ it
wailin/wailin’ it
Insane

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Putting it on the dollar mark.

A dollar and change if you're really fast.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Haulin' grass.

Cause my little brother taught me a valuable lesson when mom heard him say we were "haulin' ass" to get somewhere. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Flying
Going like stink
Pouring on the coal
Feeding it the beans
Flat out
Hammer down
I had my sailing shoes on

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post