SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anybody using an ultra wide monitor?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody using an ultra wide monitor? Login/Join 
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm using an Acer Predator Z1 (Z301C) with eye tracking

What does eye tracking do for user experience?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9163 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
It is more for gaming but does have applications with the standard windows interface.

Video explaining Win 10 features

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
... The 2560 versions are overpriced for what they are IMO. You have to swing for the 3k by 1440 or whatever the res is on the nicer ultrawides.

You're right. I'm a pixel snob and won't consider anything less than 1440. At 3440 px wide, these 34's are awfully close to two full HD (1920 x 1080) screens side by side. The 38's don't add enough resolution to matter (to me).

I think I found my sweet spot.

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I don't know if it qualifies, but my desktop monitor is a 27" wide Samsung SA350, and I really like it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everybody for the replies. I did a lot of research and ended up with an LG 34GK950F. This thing is a beast. I like this experience a lot better than the dual monitor setup I had.

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post