SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My dog at Lowes (sad)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My dog at Lowes (sad) Login/Join 
posted
I always take my bird dog (German Wire Hair Pointer) with me to Tractor Supply and Lowes when I go. The staff at both stores know him by name and give him treats.

Saturday may wife and I took him with us to the garden section of Lowes while my wife was picking out flowers and plants I was looking at some mulch. Jag was on leash walking with me. I saw an obviously pregnant lady with another women and a man holding a 3 or so year old boy. They were talking and pointing at Jag.

This happens frequently so I wasn't surprised when she came over. She said my husband and sister did not want me to come over but I had too. She then told me that she had to put her German Short Hair pointer down the day before after 12 years. She said that other than the beard the dogs could have been twins.

She bent down to pet Jag and then Jag did something he never does he leaned over (not jumped) and kissed her.

She started crying and just hugged him for awhile and then still crying walked back to her husband. She waived when they left.

I am not an emotional guy but my eyes were moist as well. Enjoy everyday with your best friends.

Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies.

Gene Hill

Posts: 626 | Registered: July 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Great story, thanks for sharing. Dogs are simply amazing. I take my pup to Lowes as often as possible. Always seems to bring a smile to just about everyone she encounters.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1916 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
A great story. Thanks for sharing. Every time I go to my old girl I can see and incredible joy on her face. That level of love and loyalty I do not think we can comprehend.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19765 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you've got a quality character in Jag: he knew just what needed to be done.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Somehow, judging by the title, I thought this was going to have a negative slant. Wow, quite the opposite. Great story. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 430 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Dogs have an incredible sense towards our body language. Jag sensed she was sad.

Posts: 13313 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
I misread the title too. Sweet story

Posts: 2638 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Tell Jag good boy. What a gentleman.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good boy Jag! Good boy.

Now get him some treats!

ARman

Posts: 3216 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He really is a good dog. I enjoy all the time with him whether hunting or just goofing off.

He is probably the best pet bird dog I have ever owned and being older than dirt I owned many. I have had one better hunter but not as good as a pet.

He got lots of treats and love.

Gene Hill

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
That's a wonderful story and a great dog!

Posts: 8911 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Why is this "sad"?

You'll get tons of people clicking on this thread, just because of your subject line

Posts: 109163 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I’ve often said that our animals have some sort of perception about them. I don’t want to think about where I’d be without my animals.

Posts: 3538 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad to me because of the ladies loss and tears. Offset by the unspoken communication between grieving woman and Jag.

Didn't mean to cause any issues with subject line. I could have easily left off sad it just seemed that way to me seeing the ladies pain.

Sorry if I caused any problems not my intent.

Gene Hill

chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I recently lost my best buddy Hogan. My other dog who always acted foolish and silly has taken up the mantle of the Good Dog. His change in behavior is strange (amazing) and I sometimes get sweaty eyes when he does something that reminds me of Hogan.

Good boy Jag!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Great story, thanks for posting. Dogs ROCK period.

Posts: 1827 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Not sure where I read or saw it, but there was an anthropology review that concluded not too long ago that canines greatly assisted in the early development of human civilization. I don’t mean simply as working dogs but literally the association/bonding that took place between our species assisted with the development of early morales. I, like many of you, trust my dog’s instincts above my own at times and I have no doubt there’s some truth to what that story conveyed.
Thanks for posting OP and now I’m headed home to hug my wife and Golden, although probably not in that order Wink

Posts: 3371 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
My eyes aren't crying......they're celebrating.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I'm sure she needed that kiss.

Posts: 7740 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I thought an accident happened by the sad in the title.

One thing about dogs is they can sense emotions and can empathize.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20079 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post