SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    World Baseball Classic. Congratulations to the USA!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

World Baseball Classic. Congratulations to the USA! Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
So I did not think much of it going it to it. But I did watch some of it. I really enjoyed it. Don't get into the politics of it, or here much either Wink

Some great teams. And some real competition. These guys were going at it. Loved that aspect. It meant something to these guys.

One aspect I really liked is that a lot of teams and or players did not participate. But those that did, wanted to and played their butts off. I got to hand it to them.

Oh, and Leyland. God Bless that old son of a bitch. He does have a heart!

He said it (the victory) was for those that serve and then walked away before getting all choked up.

USA, USA, USA, USA, USA!

Oh, and the 'Eagle" came out at the end the players all showed their respect!!!!

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19181 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed it this year as well.

Miss 'ol Jimmy in a Tigers uniform though.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Not to be a spoil sport, but this bothers me

Wouldn't the USA have won regardless of the outcome of the game?

I personally cannot wait to see how new Hampshire fairs in the next olympics.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post