SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bullseye Camera System
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bullseye Camera System Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
http://www.gsmoutdoors.com/bul...PzvDPwNmMxjPYz2WnZ0w

has anyone ordered or used one?

I've heard mixed reviews about its operational ability

claims of 300 yard wifi systems that drops the signal at 50 yards...I can see 50 or 100 yards....

its expensive - around $600 and before I drop some money on a failed experiment I'd like to know if anyone has any experiences with it

thanks

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I don't have any experience with that system (aside from looking at similar systems in the past and being interested in them).

From a technology standpoint, there's no reason it can't work. With the right (directional) antennas, in an open (outdoor) space, WiFi is practical over very long ranges, even without boosting the power of the signal beyond the WiFi specification. If you can avoid obstructions, miles or tens of miles is pretty easy, and from mountaintop to mountaintop with specialized antennas, links of around 200 miles have been demonstrated.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve used one. It had the extended range and we only shot at 100 yards, but it worked great. Really made shooting paper enjoyable. It was fairly easy to use and I loved how it highlights the last shot taken. My level of disposable income can’t justify owning it, but if you can swing it, I say go for it.

Posts: 728 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post