SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Victoria’s Secret slashing management positions
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Victoria’s Secret slashing management positions Login/Join 
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
One other piece of the puzzle is that a great percentage of their is poorly made with cheap materials - compared to other vendors.

A lot of options out there other than VS.

I that was the point. If it was well made it would be harder to, uh, em, remove...

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8696 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
quote:
...intersectionality might not provide a successful foundation for underwear sales

which is a major issue in the discussion. Victoria's Secret isn't in the business of selling underwear, that's what Hanes does. VC is selling fantasy. The fantasy of the woman who is certain that a skimpy thing like that will lock her man up for a thousand years. The fantasy of the man is the whole picture on the object of his desire.

You can get underwear anywhere, imagination is worth a little more. I've never bothered to imagine ANY under garment on a manatee.

For the win, ha !

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8696 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Fat women in yoga pants has its own set of issues.

I’m convinced that wearing spandex should be by permit only. Criteria being that your height must exceed your width. Also if you stop moving, so should the spandex. Volumetrically gifted should be prohibited.

Posts: 53215 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
There is some pretty entertaining stuff in here. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5047 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Target is running ads of grossly obese women in bathing suits as well as those with prosthetic legs. I don't think that average women find these ads appealing. I wonder where they are doing their focus groups.

Posts: 17258 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I went through the calendar and catalogue many years ago.

Victoria ain't got no secrets...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43912 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
In my job, I am in and out of malls all day. Since the onset of “me too” and social-media driven ‘racial equality’, I have been SHOCKED at the way Victoria Secret has changed their mall ad campaigns.
On Hulu, I just saw their documentary, " Victoria's Secret: Angels and Demons' explores the legendary brand and how it lost its way "

It's way, way worse that what anybody in this thread has listed. The founder, Les Wexner, let Jeffrey Epstein inside and he began calling himself a talent scout. Even more mysterious, Wexner completely changed the way he ran the businesss going from a micromanager to turning power of attorney of all of his brands (e.g. The Limited) over to Epstein and it still continued for a year after Epstein's first conviction in 2007. It's as if Epstein was blackmailing him. By 2015, they were in a unrecoverable downturn and kept getting more and more desperate.

I had never heard half of the stuff before seeing the Hulu show.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23306 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSAC:
So the managers who are now out of work are left with no visible means of support. . . .

ROFL…I see what you did there. Big Grin

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

What they show now, is not their target audience.

Actually, that is what Victoria Secret is showing now, their target audience. What they used to show is what their target audience wants to look like.

Yep. The marketing was toward those who fantasized if they put on their product they'd look like the models. No one fantasizes about looking like a manatee with blue hair.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Get Woke, Go Broke...

More from Chris Rufo on the company's woke direction:

By itself, Victoria's Secret is insignificant. It hardly matters whether the undergarment manufacturer fails or succeeds. But as a symbol, the company provides insight into the political culture of America's multinational corporations, which exert an enormous influence over public life.

Exactly. Most companies by themselves, don't matter to most people, their sway is in the image they project.

VS's heyday was their promotions, getting a handful of supermodels to suggestively pose in their catalog and strut their stuff for televised 'fashion shows' is when they peaked. They survived as a teenager's first pair of 'adult' underwear and their loungewear collection Pink; the smarter buyer knew them as overpriced and of poor quality, surviving on image. As those supermodels have 'aged-out' they've not been able to promote the 'next-generation' of hot-giraffes-in-lingerie instead, they're attempting to promote freaks, misfits and the mentally disturbed...as sexy Confused

Posts: 14672 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Victoria’s biggest secret is that she needs a good ham and cheese sub with mustard and Mayo.

Posts: 53215 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
The executives have been caught with their pants down.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5647 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
The executives have been caught with their pants down.

If they're connected to Epstein, that may be more literal than one would think.

Posts: 2369 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
VS is woke Fredericks......and not even considered a quality brand.

About 10 years back I interviewed one of the VS manufacturing VP's for a job at my company. He was out of work.

He told me that VS is incredibly sensitive to economic conditions ... In tough economies women go back to the "inexpensive, comfortable, boring stuff" that you can actually wash. WTF :-)

He told me they use glue in many applications instead of stitching for cost savings and you basically can't wash it... double WTF

Posts: 347 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnO:
He told me they use glue in many applications instead of stitching for cost savings and you basically can't wash it... double WTF

Somehow I feel he was blowing smoke up your wazoo.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Somehow I feel he was blowing smoke up your wazoo.

Don't get kudzu in your wazoo.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17471 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post