SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Victoria’s Secret slashing management positions
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Victoria’s Secret slashing management positions Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
https://notthebee.com/article/...J-cZL3YYgI&fs=e&s=cl

Bad economy or no one wants to see lingerie models with balls? Or both?

Posts: 13746 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
first thoughts - since the left can't define what a woman is and females with sex appeal have fallen out of favor, especially hetero females, seems like no one is buying regardless of economy or models with balls.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12747 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
In my job, I am in and out of malls all day. Since the onset of “me too” and social-media driven ‘racial equality’, I have been SHOCKED at the way Victoria Secret has changed their mall ad campaigns. The women used as models are no longer the ‘fantasy’ that they used to push.

Now they are ‘regular’ sized women, (rarely a white one) and the same with the mannequins in the stores.

What they show now, is not their target audience.

Vic. Secret bent to social pressure and is no longer unique or special. This is their own damn fault.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12344 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
The company officially went woke in 2021.

They got rid of their trademark "Angels" models, runway shows, and high fashion glamour, and replaced them with a "diverse and inclusive" business model, including "non traditional" model types. They hired a new committee of women advisors, including the idiot soccer player Megan Rapinoe to help steer the direction of the company.

As usual, Donald Trump was correct.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16719 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Victoria's Secret is doing poorly. I won't speculate on why, as everyone else will have their own ideas, but they are in financial trouble. As are many retailers.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Get Woke, Go Broke...

More from Chris Rufo on the company's woke direction:

[T]he financial numbers for Victoria's Secret suggest that intersectionality might not provide a successful foundation for underwear sales. The company's stock has declined 32 percent since its peak immediately after the reorganization last year. The company recently forecasted declining sales numbers and, in a survey conducted by Bank of America, 23 percent of women said that they liked Victoria's Secret less than they did pre-Covid, compared with 13 percent who said they liked it more. Executives have even tried to blame poor financial performance on the war in Ukraine, which doesn't suggest confidence.

By itself, Victoria's Secret is insignificant. It hardly matters whether the undergarment manufacturer fails or succeeds. But as a symbol, the company provides insight into the political culture of America's multinational corporations, which exert an enormous influence over public life.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24160 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
VS is woke Fredericks......and not even considered a quality brand.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4582 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Victoria's Secret is doing poorly. I won't speculate on why, as everyone else will have their own ideas, but they are in financial trouble. As are many retailers.

In business, lack of performance (profitability) can be for a plethora of reasons.
We like to blame the things that irk us politically but that may or may not have any contribution.
Certainly current market conditions are a factor but other than that we can only guess until the actual reason is (if) revealed.

Posts: 22936 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who knew that putting men in sexy underwear and fat chicks wouldn't sell lingerie? I mean, who could have predicted that except EVERY MAN EVER.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
It doesn't help that people are still afraid to go to the mall, which is where the majority of the stores are located.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18025 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
I mean, who could have predicted that except EVERY MAN EVER.

Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13516 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
They hired a new committee of women advisors, including the idiot soccer player Megan Rapinoe to help steer the direction of the company.

Someone should have phoned Subway for advice before making that move.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Get Woke, Go Broke...

More from Chris Rufo on the company's woke direction:

[T]he financial numbers for Victoria's Secret suggest that intersectionality might not provide a successful foundation for underwear sales. The company's stock has declined 32 percent since its peak immediately after the reorganization last year. The company recently forecasted declining sales numbers and, in a survey conducted by Bank of America, 23 percent of women said that they liked Victoria's Secret less than they did pre-Covid, compared with 13 percent who said they liked it more. Executives have even tried to blame poor financial performance on the war in Ukraine, which doesn't suggest confidence.

By itself, Victoria's Secret is insignificant. It hardly matters whether the undergarment manufacturer fails or succeeds. But as a symbol, the company provides insight into the political culture of America's multinational corporations, which exert an enormous influence over public life.

Your first line says it all-
"Get Woke, Go Broke"!

I don't know why all of these "smart people" that run these corporations can't figure out something this simple.

The war in the Ukraine isn't affecting Victoria's Secret... Well, maybe one or two future models Wink. It's the fact that no "regular person" really wants to see a fat slob or a whatever with a ball sack in what Victoria's Secret puts out on their shelves.

Let's go back to the ball sack thing- Chris Rufo needs his back, and say "well, this corporate model really works for us, it makes us money, and lots of it! I think we'll stick with it."

However, if you so choose to support things like blm, go right ahead. But when a bunch of people don't support you because of that, too bad, soo sad.

Unfortunately, some won't actually have the backbone to stand up for what they believe in.
To wit- the NFL still exists. Coke cans are still on the shelves, Dicks Sporting Goods still has stores open.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8359 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
One other piece of the puzzle is that a great percentage of their is poorly made with cheap materials - compared to other vendors.

A lot of options out there other than VS.

Posts: 53215 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Hottest female wear I’ve experienced is just a tee shirt and nothing else. It can be new, have a logo, or it can be old, it really doesn’t matter.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12648 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So the managers who are now out of work are left with no visible means of support. . . .

Posts: 2775 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

What they show now, is not their target audience.

Actually, that is what Victoria Secret is showing now, their target audience. What they used to show is what their target audience wants to look like.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19693 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Hottest female wear I’ve experienced is just a tee shirt and nothing else. It can be new, have a logo, or it can be old, it really doesn’t matter.

It's OK. Identifies as a female.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
The obesity epidemic.

Well...that and charging several hundred dollars for a bra and panties.

Why would people spend their money in this economy on things that they won't look good in?

That doesn't explain fat women in yoga pants, but hey, it's just a theory.

Posts: 20125 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
...intersectionality might not provide a successful foundation for underwear sales

which is a major issue in the discussion. Victoria's Secret isn't in the business of selling underwear, that's what Hanes does. VC is selling fantasy. The fantasy of the woman who is certain that a skimpy thing like that will lock her man up for a thousand years. The fantasy of the man is the whole picture on the object of his desire.

You can get underwear anywhere, imagination is worth a little more. I've never bothered to imagine ANY under garment on a manatee.

Posts: 6403 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post