SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My Son's School On Lockdown Today Due To Possible Shooting Threat
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Son's School On Lockdown Today Due To Possible Shooting Threat Login/Join 
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted
Thankfully it seems to have been a false alarm resulting from rumors being spread among the students.

That's not what concerns me. This is the official response FROM THE SCHOOL:

quote:
Update: Law enforcement and administration have been investigating all day. It appears that neither student made any such threats on social media. We found a 3rd student who read a post on Snapchat that was not here or about our school nor involved anyone from our school and told his friend about it. That was retold and retold from student to student until the rumor evolved into these two boys did this. During this investigation, we have found possible previous statements by student(s) that we are following up that were from last semester. Both law enforcement and administration will continue to investigate.

Again, it appears that this was an unfounded rumor that morphed as it was told from person to person.

If any of this changes, we will notify everyone immediately.

We want to thank the Wright City Police Department for their quick response and presence as well as the County Sherrif Department and the Juvenile Division for their work on this matter today. We are lucky to have them in our community.

We appreciate everyone's patience as we went into lockdown while vetting out the potential threat.

#wildcatstrong #wildcatpride

I suppose it's a good thing that whomever is responsible for these things is in the administration building and not actually teaching our children. Good grief.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15719 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
This reminds me of the old Army adage of writing orders down - 'Send three and fourpence, we're going to a dance', started off as 'send reinforcements we're going to advance.'

Chinese whispers.....

tac

Posts: 11329 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4580 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
What am I missing????

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25426 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
What am I missing????

That those who are teaching my child how to properly use the English language have a difficult time doing so themselves. Wink

That was the first thing that stuck out to me. There are a few other issues as well. Investigating concerns that took place last semester? Way to stay on top of things.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15719 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a lesson we were taught in third grade many decades ago.
The teacher whispered something in the ear of a student on one end of the classroom. They in turn told it to another until it made its way around the whole class. At the end you heard a completely different statement.
I guess lessons like that are too old fashioned to be taught anymore. Now it involves a complete school lockdown, the local police force, maybe the FBI, a committee to study what actually happened and then a week or two of grief counselors.
Some call it progress.

Posts: 9520 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post

Shermerite: [collecting money] Save Ferris? Save Ferris?
[Solicits Jeannie]
Shermerite: Save Ferris?
Jeannie: Excuse me?
Shermerite: Well, a group of us are collecting money to buy Ferris Bueller a new kidney. Save Ferris?
Jeannie: Go piss up a flagpole.
Shermerite: I'm sorry?
Jeannie: You should be. [Knocks the can out of his hand]

Posts: 10953 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
NEarly every school in my area has made the local paper with “a gun threat was made” and “police were notified”

Posts: 6307 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
NEarly every school in my area has made the local paper with “a gun threat was made” and “police were notified”

Same here. Though one kid did manage to shoot himself in the head.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post