SIGforum
LAPD Chief warns of Apocalypse if National Concealed Carry passes-

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/5840051824

August 02, 2017, 01:26 PM
nhtagmember
LAPD Chief warns of Apocalypse if National Concealed Carry passes-
it could be a tad higher - but I recently recall seeing numbers between 225 and 350 million - thats quite a spread Big Grin

so even the lower number is good

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

August 02, 2017, 01:29 PM
flashguy
jhe888, has the 14th Amendment actually been officially "incorporated" into the 2nd Amendment? I know that for a long time the 14th did not have sway over all the original Bill of Rights.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
August 02, 2017, 01:38 PM
S600MBUSA
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
jhe888, has the 14th Amendment actually been officially "incorporated" into the 2nd Amendment? I know that for a long time the 14th did not have sway over all the original Bill of Rights.

flashguy

McDonald v. Chicago

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun
August 02, 2017, 03:03 PM
flashguy
quote:
Originally posted by S600MBUSA:
quote:

flashguy

McDonald v. Chicago
Thank you. I presume that it is now settled law.

flashguy

August 02, 2017, 05:09 PM
jhe888
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by S600MBUSA:
quote:

flashguy

McDonald v. Chicago
Thank you. I presume that it is now settled law.

flashguy

Pretty settled. There is no higher court. The questions now are about what regulatory burden can be imposed on the 2d. Everyone pretty much agrees that the .gov can ban private citizens from having nukes, and that it can't stop you from having a Brown Bess. But in between those limits, there is little to guide us.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
August 02, 2017, 05:31 PM
Balzé Halzé
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Pretty settled. There is no higher court. The questions now are about what regulatory burden can be imposed on the 2d. Everyone pretty much agrees that the .gov can ban private citizens from having nukes, and that it can't stop you from having a Brown Bess. But in between those limits, there is little to guide us.

I just want to be assured that when it becomes available, I can own an M41A Pulse Rifle. Grenade launcher and all. I figure by that time a lot of these silly issues will be resolved.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle
August 02, 2017, 05:38 PM
bald1
I swear there's something in the water out there to produce so many complete progressive leftist morons.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
August 02, 2017, 06:02 PM
flashguy
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
I swear there's something in the water out there to produce so many complete progressive leftist morons.
Pesticide runoff into the drinking water, from growing all those fruits and vegetables?

flashguy