SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How many people are in your fortress of solitude?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many people are in your fortress of solitude? Login/Join 
posted
If you have all the guns,ammo, food, electricity, clothing, transportation, seeds, animals, medical supply s you need,.

How Many people do you have to protect it all against others ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54738 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I am the place that others come to.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12807 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just me and the cat. And he is a pretty tough individual in his own right.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16150 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
>1 =/= "Solitude"

Big Grin

Posts: 32574 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
The 1st rule is to NOT talk about it at all.

Be the gray man.

Posts: 11869 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Myself, wife and two dogs... but the dern neighbors will probably be knocking on my door and I could probably use the doc up the street... she retired from the Air Force. She's not a gun person but has some her brother, from another state (that shall remain nameless) stores there.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I'm responsible for myself and my parents both in their mid 70's. However, my two sisters and their six children, who are 31-25 and all live within twenty minutes of my home have been instructed repeatedly that this is where they come should something go wrong in society. And I try to plan accordingly.

They don't take it too seriously because they are Starbucks warriors but if something happens they will come hat in hand.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4792 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
The 1st rule is to NOT talk about it at all.

Be the gray man.

I think that's Fight Club
Smile

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54738 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I have a tribal mentality. The synergy of several like-minded individuals with their families is far and away more productive and secure than one man or family can provide. We have established such a tribe. Each family comes with its preparations and skill sets. All of us have a work ethic and have known each other for decades. We have an emergency plan and benchmarks of action. What is our number? Many.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29743 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Me and my dog.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2846 | Location: Tucson Sector | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
My woman and my dog. The only two souls in this world that I could spend every moment with.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I reside deep behind enemy lines.
My lips are sealed!

Posts: 4643 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Wife, MiL and I on location. Several friends have been instructed to make my place a rally point. Bring any weapons, food and clothing you can grab in a few minutes and haul ass. Watch stations are already plotted.

Posts: 13748 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s my business.

Posts: 105 | Registered: December 11, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Interesting question…

If there is zero time to react then there could be up to 5 of us. I say “could be” because one is SF and depending on his situation it will influence our reaction.

If there is more time we have a secondary, more remote location with a stream and wood to heat that is less populated and potentially more defensible…

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6344 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post