SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ISIS shoots down Russian Su-25
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ISIS shoots down Russian Su-25 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
These were US-backed rebels.

We do have a history of backing the wrong rebels throughout the last 50 years.

This will not end well for the rebels.

Posts: 21337 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
I didn't hear any joyous screams of aloha
snackbar.

They weren't joyous screams, but there were at least three declarations of it in that video. One from the nitwit recording, and two in rapid succession over the radio.

quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
These were US-backed rebels.

Yeah, well, they still poked the bear. That particular bear pokes back.

Posts: 17284 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Reports are that Major of Aviation Roman Filipov drew his pistol to fight it out with his captors and was shot down whilst doing so.

I guess that deprived them of the satisfaction of publicly burning him to death or beheading him with a shovel in some shithole village square.

tac

Posts: 11358 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
It looks like he emptied one mag and a few from another. Current theory is that he grenaded himself rather than be captured. Can't blame him.

Posts: 9992 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
It looks like he emptied one mag and a few from another. Current theory is that he grenaded himself rather than be captured. Can't blame him.

Nope, can't blame him one bit.

'Save the last round for yourself' was always my plan, since the US looks down on aviators carrying grenades.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post