SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ISIS shoots down Russian Su-25
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ISIS shoots down Russian Su-25 Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted
and then kills the pilot.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=109_1517673012

Well, they be's laffin' now, but the pain is on its way.

tac

Posts: 11366 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, they be's laffin' now, but the pain is on its way
Yep, the Russians laugh at the concept of proportional response

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23401 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I’m actually thankful for what happened to the pilot. The initial report I read said he had been burned alive. It looks like he went down with his boots on. Started to engage with his sidearm, and was killed.

Many years ago I studied Russian at West Point and did well enough I got to spend some time with some military folks from the commonwealth of independent states (that will give you timeline) embassy on several occasions

They were all good men and good soldiers. And I would not want them angry at me. Not at all.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Russian soldiers are patriots to their country. As you say, good men to their country and even though we may find ourselves at odds, you can have compassion and respect. Condolences to his unit and family, but those savages have no idea what is coming.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Not ISIS.

The news reports say that it was members of the Free Syrian Army (who are both anti-ISIS and anti-Assad).

Russia has been assisting the Syrian government not only with fighting ISIS, but also with fighting rebel groups like the FSA.

The FSA has been receiving assistance from the US and our allies. They've shot down other Russian aircraft before.

You have to remember that Syria is in the midst of a civil war, which was in effect for several years prior to ISIS seizing control of large swaths of that area. So Syria is rife with various competing militant groups, nearly all of which have nothing to do with ISIS. Some fight in support of the Syrian government. Some fight to overthrow the government. Some fight for independence, or just to be left alone. Some even fight amongst themselves. Meanwhile, all sides also fight against ISIS.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RogueJSK,

Posts: 32629 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too bad some ordnance still aboard did not cook off and fix them up!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16180 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Is that all these fuckers can say, "aloha snackbar?"

Yes too bad a fuel tank or some ordinance didn't go off and bake these goat fuckers

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10739 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
The pain train is on its way.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36859 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Is that all these fuckers can say, "aloha snackbar?"

Friggin robots. Could you imagine having to listen to that all day? "Yes Ali, God is great. Now shut the fuck up and find me an Excedrin."

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
the Free Syrian Army (who are both anti-ISIS and anti-Assad).

They are now officially anti-Russian, and not in a good way.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
They've been anti-Russian, as a result of Russia helping Assad.

Like I said, this is not the first time the FSA or other anti-Assad rebels have shot down a Russian aircraft. They've downed a number of Syrian government aircraft too.

Posts: 32629 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Seems like we folks in "the West" have different levels of LOVE that motivate us. For example, I've seen many times where Marines write, "For God, Corps, Country." But, with Muslims, it seems to be different levels of HATE. They hate the Jews first, then Infidels of other religious faiths, then each other!

When I read that they shot down a Russian fighter, I immediately thought about how Russia will handle this. It won't be diplomatic.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10735 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Overcast, low cloud deck. Less than ideal environment (at least to me).

Glad the pilot went down swinging. Far better than being captured, ass raped, and burned alive. It's what I would have done in the same situation.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like the Russians are already sending them a response.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f63_1517696471

posted Hide Post
I didn't hear any joyous screams of aloha
snackbar.

Posts: 5771 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd venture to say it'll be a long night in the general area the SU25 went down. Bad weather or not, the Russians give zero fucks about just dropping bombs through the clouds.

I bet his squadronmates fly all night dropping iron on the towelheads - likely with a bottle of vodka in one hand and a smoke in the other.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
The pain train is on its way.

"Вы говорите им, что я приду ... и ад идет со мной, вы слышите? ... Ад идет со мной!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44024 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Bad idea... really bad idea

Bye bye ISIS

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38040 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These were US-backed rebels.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The enemy of my enemy is still my enemy's enemy.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44024 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post