SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Why anyone would install one of these things is beyond me
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why anyone would install one of these things is beyond me Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I was thinking the same thing. Whenever a tech thread pops up anymore, I’m reminded of the “what’s your age” poll.

The concept of the digital assistant will only continue to grow and get better. Think Jarvis from Ironman someday. Can Jarvis be compelled to testify in court? Hmmmmm, this is gonna get interesting as it progresses.

Fear of this kind of stuff does seem odd to me. I love when people say don’t put your information in the cloud!!!!!! Buuuut all of that person’s medical, banking, auto, property...etc information is all already in the cloud.

Working out the privacy and security is of the utmost importance, but anyone who thinks they are successfully avoiding it is kidding themselves.

That's a good point. Data on the cloud resides on a server in a datacenter somewhere. A hospital can elect to host its own servers but since your data need to be accessed by other medical facilities, doctors, insurance companies and even the government, that data is served up and shared - so in the end, this hospital is just really running its own "private" cloud though there is really nothing truly private about it since that data is shared widely and thus is at risk.

Both public and private clouds are at risk of hacking. I would argue that private clouds are riskier as the IT staff may not keep up with the latest security methodologies and patches.

Posts: 1809 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post