SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    UK prime minister says country shouldn't 'be bullied' into believing there are more than 2 genders
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UK prime minister says country shouldn't 'be bullied' into believing there are more than 2 genders Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
There is hope, yet.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/...-more-than-2-genders
Sunak: 'Man is a man, and a woman is a woman, that’s just common sense'

By Brianna Herlihy Fox News
Published October 6, 2023 2:00am EDT

United Kingdom Prime Minister Rishi Sunak went viral this week for a speech in which he said no one should be "bullied into believing that people can be any sex they want."

Sunak, the first British Asian to hold the high office, said in his remarks at the Conservative Party conference on Wednesday that "a man is a man, and a woman is a woman," which was met with loud applause by the party faithful.

"We are going to change this country, and that means life. Now, that shouldn’t be a controversial position," Sunak said. "The vast majority of hard-working people agree with it. It also shouldn’t be controversial for parents to know what their children are being taught in school about relationships. Patients should know when hospitals are talking about men or women."

"And we shouldn’t get bullied into believing that people can be any sex they want to be. They can’t. Man is a man, and a woman is a woman, that’s just common sense," the U.K. leader said.

Sunak went on to say that "we should also never be afraid to talk about the thing that matters most to us – family."

"Whenever you want to talk about family, someone whispers, ‘Is that wise, Prime Minister?’"

"You’ll be accused of promoting a once-size-fits-all view. But in this Conservative Party, the party that legislated for same-sex marriage and is investing record amounts in child care, we know that love cascades down the generations," he said.

Sunak’s comments come as the British government announced that hospitals would not allow non-biological women in female hospital wards and prevent convicted sex offenders from changing their gender.

On Tuesday, The Telegraph reported plans for U.K. Health Secretary Steve Barclay to announce proposals to push back against "wokery" in the health service that has led to women’s rights being increasingly sidelined.

The changes would give men and women the right to be cared for on wards only shared by people of their same biological sex and to have intimate care provided by those of the same sex.

Barclay said the plan would mean the return of "a commonsense approach to sex and equality," ensuring that women’s dignity is protected and that their voices are heard, the outlet reported.

The proposals follow concerns from patients and staff about biological men being allowed in women’s hospital wards. In 2021, National Health Service (NHS) guidance said trans patients could be placed on single-sex wards on the basis of the gender with which they identified. Barclay also announced the return of "sex-specific" language to the NHS after references to women were expunged from advice on menopause and diseases such as cervical and ovarian cancer.

"We need a commonsense approach to sex and equality issues in the NHS. That is why I am announcing proposals for clearer rights for patients," Barclay told The Telegraph.

"And I can confirm that sex-specific language has now been fully restored to online health advice pages about cervical and ovarian cancer and … menopause. It is vital that women’s voices are heard in the NHS and the privacy, dignity and safety of all patients are protected," he said.

Q

Posts: 26477 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Sunak understands the threat.

Posts: 13819 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Can’t wait for the condemnation, wailing, and gnashing of teeth over the intolerance of English savages that exhibit common sense and adherence to biological SCIENCE. That word leftists claim to understand but thumb their nose at every day.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15623 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
One might even say it's 'settled SCIENCE', and has been a few thousand years!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8952 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Good. It’s women who’ve been harmed the most with all this.

Posts: 17215 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Put simply, DNA doesn't lie.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3462 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I always assumed The Emperor's New Clothes was a fictional story intended to showcase humanity's weaknesses when it comes to pride, etc. But with this new "fluent gender" ridiculousness, I'm tempted to wonder if it isn't a true story from history!

They can pass laws but nobody with a modicum of intelligence will ever actually believe it because it's utter nonsense.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10713 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
Put simply, DNA doesn't lie.

That's always been my response when someone tells me people can change their sex through hormone therapy and surgery. I say fine. But if you are a biological male or biological female and you take all the hormone therapy, all the genital surgeries and avail yourself of every drug and procedure to change your sex and you go out and commit a crime and leave your DNA will the investigators be looking for a man or a woman? Or are they going to say the DNA tells them this was a man but is now a woman so we need to look for a transgender? Or will the DNA tell them this person is a non binary?

People generally do not know how to respond to that it really takes the discussion down to the common denominator. I have been saying for quite awhile now that the end game to all this is to normalize pedophilia.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8539 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is hope, yet.

I'd like to agree but the fact that this gender thing even exists convinces me that the human species is doomed.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post