SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling Appliance Brad, state election related
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling Appliance Brad, state election related Login/Join 
posted
It appears that the R's have lost the state house and senate. I have no idea how that happened. Anyway, can you tell me if the senate needs more than just a simple majority to get a bill passes. How does this bode for gun rights? Thanks

Jim

Posts: 1341 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Hi Pal!

With the loss of the House and Senate we are definitely going to see a rash of anti-gun Bills introduced. It only requires a simple majority of either the house or Senate for passage.

The good news if any is that Dems from northern Michigan tend to be very pro-gun and will break from their party to vote against legislation that would diminish our RTKABA.

I expect to see bills in 2023 that will expand the permit to purchase to long guns IE: Universal Background Checks that will end private party sales of rifles and shotguns. I would also expect a magazine capacity Bill. I have a few other concerns that i don't want to post on a public forum in the interest of keeping them from getting suggestions.

We got screwed on Proposal 1 which now extends the term limit to double in the House or 50% more in the Senate. We likely will not ever see the R's control the Legislature again in our lifetime.

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Brad, it looks like it will only take one or two dems to break range to keep things in check. I hope that is the case. Please keep up the fight and let us know how we can help. Jim

Posts: 1341 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post