SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ANZAC Day remembered
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ANZAC Day remembered Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
I know yesterday was April 25th on the other side of our world…the day of remembrance in Australia and New Zealand…but I had my calendar marked for today…but let us here remember those who fell…especially with the chance looming that our young men and women might be sent into harms way in the future in Europe. Frown Frown Frown

https://youtu.be/cZqN1glz4JY

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Same thing goes for Memorial Day in USA.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...0has,happy%20shouldn't%20be%20used.

The one thing you should never say on Anzac Day after war veteran declared 'it's not appropriate'
Veteran calls out phrase
Says it's not appropriate

“Australians have been warned to avoid saying 'Happy Anzac Day' as thousands of people turn out for commemorative services across the country.”

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2706 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I recognize the sacrifices folks "down under" made and the observance of "ANZAC Day". RIP all those who died and prayers for their loved ones. Remembering major events of the past is a good thing.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post