SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does anyone use a CIT Bank High Yield savings account?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone use a CIT Bank High Yield savings account? Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
This was recommended by a trusted accountant and a few others. My research show it to be a good fit for me but always looking for more first hand reviews.

Min balance of $25k or a monthly deposit of >$100 to qualify.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8345 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Got a link?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30705 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
This was recommended by a trusted accountant and a few others. My research show it to be a good fit for me but always looking for more first hand reviews.

Min balance of $25k or a monthly deposit of >$100 to qualify.

Yield does not look like it is better than other places. Is there a sign on bonus?

--K

Posts: 178 | Registered: January 27, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
https://www.cit.com/cit-bank/t...tEAAYAiAAEgIhRvD_BwE

Maybe 2.3% is not considered high yield, but it seems good for a simple savings account.

Posts: 8345 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m3zona
posted Hide Post
I signed up my 3 y/o son for the high yield savings account. It was 2.45% but seems to fluctuate. My wife and I deposit $200 per month to ensure we get the max interest. It’s been a good savings account. Easy way to save up money and we’ll turn over the account to him when he’s 18.

Posts: 62 | Location: Out West | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:

https://www.cit.com/cit-bank/t...tEAAYAiAAEgIhRvD_BwE

Maybe 2.3% is not considered high yield, but it seems good for a simple savings account.
Is there a SunTrust bank branch near you? Last time I looked, the Money Market was payig 2.5% on accounts with balances of $10,000 and up.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30705 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Wealthfront is paying 2.57%, insured.

Wealthfront also has a low cost robo investing service that automatically invests money for me weekly. It's returned 16.2% year to date.

Posts: 13050 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:

Wealthfront also has a low cost robo investing service that automatically invests money for me weekly. It's returned 16.2% year to date.

I use Wealthfront too and also use their robo investment service (basically a brokerage account) — 15.7% YTD, just checked.

I’ve been happy with them.

Posts: 5074 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I looked and Wealthfront but I don’t recall why I didn’t sign up.

No SunTrust local. I’m not really looking at CD’s.

I don’t have a large balance to place as most of it goes to my 401k.

A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Take a look at Marcus by Goldman Sachs. They've offering a 13 month "no penalty" CD at 2.35%. You can withdraw your cash anytime without penalty. Their regular savings account is at 2.15% which is a bit low but chasing interest rates can be a really PITA. Marcus was the highest several months ago and will probably inch up along with the market.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Lots of places offer those sort of rates, FDIC insured without those requirements.

Posts: 9528 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:

I use Wealthfront too and also use their robo investment service (basically a brokerage account) — 15.7% YTD, just checked.

I’ve been happy with them.

What sort of minimum balance and monthly investment are required. What do fees look like?

We already max out my wife’s 457 due to a nice employer match.
Then we cash flow private school for 3 so not a ton to put elsewhere.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25431 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
For savings, $1 minimum, no fees.

For investing, $500 minimum and 0.25% advisory fee on top of the .07-.16 fund fees. The investing system does tax loss harvesting and other things, so all in all, I'm happy with it.

Posts: 13050 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post