SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    343 Never Forget
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

343 Never Forget Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37992 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems like yesterday, doesn't it?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Amen Brothers. You are remembered .

Posts: 4413 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I really hate this day when it comes, breaks my heart. God Bless

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dry-fly,

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 7003 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cut and plug
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the post. My brothers are never forgotten, unfortunately the number continues to grow each year from the effects of working on the pile.

343 FDNY
37 PAPD
23 NYPD
8 EMT/Paramedics
1 Fire patrolman

And 226 and counting due to cancer.

Posts: 1145 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Makes me sadder every year it goes by.

Posts: 373 | Registered: September 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I can't believe it has been 19 years.
I remember that day like it was yesterday.
I lost 344 brother firefighters that day. The 344th was a fire patrolman named Keith Roma and I include him in that number. He was not an FDNY firefighter but a member of the New York Fire Patrol.

My family was lucky, we almost lost several family members and friends. We were thankful they survived but are sad for those family's who lost loved ones.

Ever year I watch the memorial service and the TV programs and think that we should never forget that day.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2574 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Still vivid in my mind. I’d worked a late shift and was sleeping in that morning. Phone rang and it was my wife calling from work.

Wife, “Turn on the TV.”
Me, “Which station?”
Wife, “It doesn’t matter....”

Saw the second impact and told her, “We’re at war.”

Posts: 13746 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
If you haven't seen it, or haven't seen it recently, you should watch the Naudet Brothers' 9/11 documentary.

They initially set out to film a documentary about a rookie FDNY firefighter, but managed to capture that fire station's battle on 9/11 in the process.

Amazing, gripping, powerful footage, much of which is from inside and around the towers.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/NuKqKJaO5GeQ/

Posts: 32540 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Never forget. Listened on radio that day from across the river as they talked to the crews and reported on what the crews were doing. Then watched the towers came down. Talk to my kids each year about this - not so much the bad, but the selflessness and courage in the face evil those crews showed.

Saw a post today - we need to remember them all and honor them.

“ On this day... 19 years ago 246 people went to sleep in preparation for their morning flights. 2,606 people went to sleep in preparation for work in the morning tomorrow. 343 firefighters went to sleep in preparation for their morning shift. 60 police officers went to sleep in preparation for morning patrol. 8 paramedics went to sleep in preparation for the morning shift of saving lives. None of them saw past 10:00am Sept 11, 2001. In one single moment life may never be the same. As you live and enjoy the breaths you take today and tonight before you go to sleep in preparation for your life tomorrow, kiss the ones you love, snuggle a little tighter, and never take one second of your life for granted.
Never forget.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigs are
my Panacea...
Picture of billpocz
posted Hide Post
Thank you

Bless them and their families!

--- Sig 365, 365XL, 245, P6

Posts: 2003 | Location: Rural Northeastern KY | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
And amen

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I, like many, was at work that morning, we watched the horror unfold.

Prayers and thoughts going out to all the families affected by this .

And in memory of all the lives lost.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Salute!! 343 and to all first responders. On this day especially, may your sacrifices never be forgotten.

Posts: 15 | Location: Western PA | Registered: September 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I woke up this morning and all of the memories from that day came flooding back - like it was just last week

the anger is still there - has not abated

Posts: 53215 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
If you haven't seen it, or haven't seen it recently, you should watch the Naudet Brothers' 9/11 documentary.

They initially set out to film a documentary about a rookie FDNY firefighter, but managed to capture that fire station's battle on 9/11 in the process.

Amazing, gripping, powerful footage, much of which is from inside and around the towers.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/NuKqKJaO5GeQ/

I have the DVD. It is a very powerful film.

God bless those men; may they rest in peace.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6421 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I woke up this morning and all of the memories from that day came flooding back - like it was just last week

the anger is still there - has not abated

It keeps me warm....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Just down the street from us, here in far-off eastern England, an older couple were watching their son, and only child, dying in the North Tower as it collapsed. It was his first job out of university, and he was so sharp that he'd been head-hunted by a company in the USA to go work for them.

They were so proud of him.

We'll never forget.

Posts: 11334 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Some pictures I took from inside the 911 museum

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3490 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Though not my words, I share the sentiment:
Today, as we remember the events of September 11th, 2001, our nation is faced with enormous challenges. We remain in the midst of a deadly pandemic and unprecedented economic hardships. We continue to reckon with injustices that have plagued our nation since its founding. And our politics remain as divisive as ever.

Yet, September 11th reminds us that we are all Americans – and that we rise and fall together. We remember the 2,974 lives – including more than 700 New Jerseyans – who perished on that day, 19 years ago. We also honor the thousands of first responders, family, friends, and neighbors who have since succumbed to 9/11-related illnesses.

And as we honor the memories of the loved ones so cruelly taken from this world, we must never forget the unity that brought us together in the wake of such evil. Let us remember the common threads that bind us together as a people - our love for family, drive for success, respect for diversity, commitment to community, and our belief in common decency.

These are the American values that kept us going in the days after September 11th. These are the values that will give our nation the strength today to meet our toughest challenges and to resist any temptation to give into fear, no matter what. And these are the values that empower us to go on living while cherishing the memory of those lost. So let this be our solemn pledge – to unite behind our shared humanity, to keep those lost on 9/11 in our hearts forever, and to never forget.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: downtownv,

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8378 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post