SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    You know that low hand wave that two motorcycle riders give when they meet on the road?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You know that low hand wave that two motorcycle riders give when they meet on the road? Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
Is there such a special signal that exists for people that drive something like a Toyota RAV4 when they meet on the roadway? Or Nissan Sentra?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37118 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Is there such a special signal that exists for people that drive something like a Toyota RAV4 when they meet on the roadway? Or Nissan Sentra?

You could try the one-handed open claw wave that truckers use Smile

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post

Just a thought. Big Grin

Posts: 20125 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12445 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I owned a Chrysler Road Runner, I used to "beep beep" at other Road Runners.

PC

Posts: 1341 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I need something “cool” for my minivan Wink

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Solidarity, Bro!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16113 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
Well, since it signifies respect for the other rider you could use just about any wave you wanted, you might start a trend.

I probably wouldn't use the one Gustofer posted though. Wink Unless that's the way you feel about those vehicles.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
You just give each other a reach around.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16121 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
The Jeep Wave is a thing.

Usually exchanged by CJ/Wrangler drivers.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11449 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
haha. This thread delivers better than expected.

Posts: 3930 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Jeep wave is a thing. I asked my buddy who also dives a CJ if we are supposed to wave at Wrangler drivers. He said, "Sure, just make them wave first."

OZ

Posts: 161 | Registered: February 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can tell you that the Subi wave is a thing ✌ is real.
I get a lot of them driving my WRX.

ARman

Posts: 3156 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Waaaaay back, in the 1950s, when it was rare to see a VW, we used to wave.

Actually, mine had the semaphore type turn signals, so I used to hit the switch and flip the turn signal arm up and down.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30713 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Down South, the truck/4X4 wave is a regular thing.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15616 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
What a timely post! After a brief hiatus I am a rider again. Jeep owners and sometimes specific car model (wrx, Mustang, Supra) enthusiasts will acknowledge each other with a wave but it’s not on the level of what the moto riders do.

I accidentally waved to a FN scooter today while on my Suzuki. Of course the idiot didn’t wave back...they almost never do. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21121 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I used Gustofer's wave several times today.

Maine has programmable signs every few miles along I-95, usually with traffic info or safety reminders.

Today there were two that just pissed me right off:

"Masks Work! - something something something"

"Getting vaxxed will help you relax!"

Bull. Shit. To both.

I actually kinda hope those signs have cameras on them.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15264 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Ford Bronco Sport owners do it too.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Way back in the day(1950-60s) the folks driving sports cars (MG AH Triumph) used to flash their headlights (in the daytime) to other sports car drivers.........truckers would sometimes do the same to the little cars.

Posts: 6629 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
A guy driving a vintage MG today waved at me and I waived back. I could totally see MG & Triumph owners participating in the wave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21121 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post