SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Super Tuesday Voting
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Super Tuesday Voting Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Flashguy, the many contests with only one person showing on a republican ballot are because the opposition was a democrat and we were not allowed to vote for them in the primary.

I researched my area(temple) and got online to see the sample ballots...when I compared them against the sample democratic ballot, the repub guy wasn’t listed...

Again it was a primary to see who would be on the ballot in November, if there weren’t more than one republican running than there would only be one guy showing.

I went to vote at 1100 and there had been 300 ballots cast by then...I’m sure more people came in after 1200...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11459 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Mustang PaPa and MikeinNC, I am aware that this was a Primary election and that it is not uncommon for there to only be one name for an office (in that party). I had also consulted the sample ballot for my Precinct and made my decisions beforehand. And I did read the Propositions very carefully before marking.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Alabama ... we got this

Posts: 4830 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
Make no mistake she is bad news for 2A supporters.

Is there any non-Trump candidate who ISN'T bad news for the Second Amendment?

I was trying to make the point (which I failed) her looks would deceive folks like my dad who base a lot on looks. And yes all are bad for the 2A, Bloomberg at the top.

In a similar way, but same principle, Sarah Palin's claim to fame...looks.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post