SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Super Tuesday Voting
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Super Tuesday Voting Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
....Liz Warren is currently #3 in delegate count and she has been particularly nasty lately...

America's "Mother In Law" is nasty?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Liz Warren is currently #3 in delegate count and she has been particularly nasty lately. I think with a little Super Tuesday encouragement (ie votes) that she’ll campaign dirty and help all contenders arrive mortally wounded at the Demonrat convention.

I was thinking similar today. Missouri votes a week from today. I'm still up in the air.
Lizzie's out, for all intents and purposes, but she is staying in long enough to work some sort of deal with either Bernie or Biden. Obviously not Bloomberg. I think the DNC wants her to stay in because it would help Bernie if she got out.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
....Liz Warren is currently #3 in delegate count and she has been particularly nasty lately...

America's "Mother In Law" is nasty?
I was surprised at her anger in the last 2 debates. I’m not a psychiatrist but I call it cornered rat syndrome. She isn’t big, she isn’t mighty but then again who wants to get rabies or worse from a rat bite?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tatortodd,

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23659 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
"...some dude who doesn't what state he's in..."
Easy- State of Confusion.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very light turnout when I voted; one person ahead of me and one behind me. Cast what may have been my last vote for a D ever (unless that endangered species known as Blue Dog Democrats reappear). Voted Gabbard, hoping she hangs in a little longer and gets her chance to throw Bloomie a few punches.

Posts: 3387 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Voted Gabbard, hoping she hangs in a little longer and gets her chance to throw Bloomie a few punches.

She's not even in the debates anymore. She's basically a non-entity as far as the Democrats are concerned.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30900 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
The hippies are out in force today, and they're usually at least vaguely likely to vote early. Heavy vibe of indecision, IMHO.

Posts: 27302 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
I was surprised at the turnout at my local precinct. I waited about 30 minutes to cast my ballot. There were more Republican candidates for President than I expected, most I've never heard of. I hope we can keep TX22 red this cycle.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 996 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
VERY light turnout when I stopped to vote at around 10:00

I'm a registered Republican so I couldn't grab a Demo Primary ballot. Not sure I could've kept my breakfast down anyway.

One referendum in Maine having to do with vaccinations. As I understand it, up until fairly recently, vaccinations were not required before putting your kids in school.

Then last year (?) they changed the law and you have to show records of vaccination to register your kids at school.

Of course, the anti-vax types went apeshit and got a referendum on the ballot this year to repeal that law. Roadside signs are about ten to one for repeal. "Reject Big Pharma!" and "Restore Medical Freedom" are big favorites.

Of course "Big Pharma" and "Medical Freedom" have little or nothing to do with it. Nobody is saying "You must vaccinate your kids or face the consequences" they're just saying "If you want to put your little disease factories in public school rooms next to MY kids, vaccinate them."

Don't believe in vaccination? Fine, it's a free country, don't vaccinate them. Home school them or pony up for a private school that'll take the chance.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15491 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Voted Gabbard, hoping she hangs in a little longer and gets her chance to throw Bloomie a few punches.

She's not even in the debates anymore. She's basically a non-entity as far as the Democrats are secured.

I wish she were, can't stand any of the remaining leading candidates for a host of reasons.

Posts: 3387 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

She's not even in the debates anymore. She's basically a non-entity as far as the Democrats are secured.

I wish she were, can't stand any of the remaining leading candidates for a host of reasons.

I'm glad she's not. Her winning the nomination I think would be the biggest threat to a Trump reelection.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30900 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^Truth spoken; would be a different race altogether in November. DJT still has my vote for the first Tuesday in November though. I live in VA, not easily forgetting what we had handed to us this year.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Eh, if Gabbard had won, can you imagine how many brave, uncompromising Dem heroes would've just sucked their thumb and stayed home on election day?

Posts: 27302 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope they all stay home, nursing a 1.75L bottle of Jack Daniels until it's bone dry.

Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm glad she's not. Her winning the nomination I think would be the biggest threat to a Trump reelection.

This right here, she was/is the biggest threat IMO, people like my Dad would vote for her because she is attractive. Make no mistake she is bad news for 2A supporters.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3645 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
Make no mistake she is bad news for 2A supporters.

Is there any non-Trump candidate who ISN'T bad news for the Second Amendment?

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
quote:

Nope, none of them. Hope folks aren't misinterpreting me or my vote, I want them to keep fighting amongst themselves laying out the ugly truth of what they want to do to the brightest light for true freedom in the world, and where they are as a party for all to see on the public stage. And then Nov. 3, this nation votes a hearty "Hell no, not on my watch."

Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Proudly voted right after lunch and took the first steps toward sending Doug Jones back to the hole he crawled out of.

Sessions is almost certain to make the runoff, but I hope enough citizens of Alabama see him for the spineless weasel he is and support whoever is in the runoff against him.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
quote:

I was trying to make the point (which I failed) her looks would deceive folks like my dad who base a lot on looks. And yes all are bad for the 2A, Bloomberg at the top.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3645 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
Wife and I just voted here in Texas.

All the local contested races were well represented and as expected very light turnout.
I voted (Republican) in the early afternoon here (Dallas) and there were 4 times as many Democrats as Republicans voting. I actually only had a choice in 5 races: President, US Senator, US Representative; State Representative; and some State Supreme Court Justice. Every other race had only one name. There were 10 "opinion only" Propositions, too, some of which were very oddly-worded as negative sentences (where a "Yes" was a negative vote). (There were 6 or 7 names in the Presidential race, but the only one I ever heard of was President Trump.)

Anyway, I did my duty. Strange new way of voting this year: voter was issued a long strip of blank paper with a code printed at the top by the official with a little desk machine; this was inserted into a machine in the voting booth and a touch screen was used to make choices; when finished, the machine printed onto the blank strip a lot of stuff--bar codes and a list of choices in English; that ballot was then inserted into another machine to register the vote. I did verify that the printed info was what I had chosen--I can only hope that the bar codes said the same things.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post