SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Folgers Classic Roast
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Folgers Classic Roast Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
My friends and neighbors are Folgers heirs. They appreciate you drinking up. Nice folks who treat everyone the same, regardless of financial status.

Posts: 7458 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
My daughter-in-law got me started on Folgers Black Silk while they were living with us.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I do drink coffee, it is Folgers Classic. Many years ago, it was French Market coffee, but lost my taste for it.

Posts: 6622 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Folgers Black Silk for me. I’m not much of a coffee drinker, and certainly no gourmet. Usually 1 sometimes 2 cups in the morning, and I’m done. I’ve tried a lot of brands, and like Folgers best. Tastes good, reasonably priced, and does what l need it to do.

Posts: 3239 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
We alternate between Black Silk and Gourmet Supreme - but always Folgers unless I'm in the mood for a pot of Cafe du Monde Chicory

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Peet’s Major Dickason is my go to. They have a high quality decaf of the same name that works also. I have had to cut out almost all caffeine since eating ketogenic. My energy is off the charts so the caffeine makes me jittery. I drink it with organic heavy cream and a bit of stevia.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Folgers isn't my fav by a long shot since it seems very pedestrian, at least the Classic, to my pallet but the bigger coffee drinking question is why wouldn't you grind whole beans instead?

Freshly ground adds much to the coffee and likely might make Classic drinkable. Their Columbian is much better, even pre-ground.

Posts: 4079 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I just bought a fresh can for office about an hour ago.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Because of this thread, yesterday I went out and bought a box of K cups. Looked forward to my new SF suggested coffee this morning....

First time I feel SF led me wrong. Very weak and like a cup of generic gas station coffee. Other coffee threads turned me on to Peets, which I did enjoy. I'll probably stick to my more bold flavors and hope the wife will drink the Folgers.

Posts: 239 | Location: San Antonio, Tx | Registered: October 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I would say that Folgers is probably my #2. My #1 is plain old Maxwell House.

My wife has a Keurig for a variety. I chug a carafe of the regular stuff.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Wasn’t Mrs. Olson the witch from The Wizard of Oz?

HK Ag

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post